10.118.288 dead carrier

002xk2
Hello ALL,
 I have a dead carrier on my kx3 and other receiver I use with the same carrier. The only thing I can think of is my computer. But the signal is the same anywhere in my home. Has anyone had this happen to there kx3?
 Thank you all,
  Vincent Diak- wb2pdw

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

daleputnam
I'm not real sure that you have an issue, Vincent. I hear the same carrier..
and I'm sure that you would know if your KX3 is actually transmitting it.
Someone, somewhere, will find the stuck key, sometime..
Good Luck,
72,
Dale - WC7S in Wyoming.

 I have a dead carrier on my kx3 and other receiver I use with the same carrier. The only thing I can think of is my computer. But the signal is the same anywhere in my home. Has anyone had this happen to there kx3?
 Thank you all,
  Vincent Diak- wb2pdw

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

k6mkf
Yep - I hear it too.   It's strongest on a 60 degree heading from San Jose,
CA - not particularly helpful as this includes most of the NA continent.

I had a 20M PSK31 QSO once with an OM in NY who must have been called away.
His PSK31 idle tone was constant over a long holiday weekend until he
returned home and saw his rig in TX.

It happens.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, President - NCDXC

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Joe K2UF
Peaks here in upstate NY at about 210 deg.

73 Joe K2UF

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Kenneth Moorman
It's S9+5dB here in coastal VA and seems to be loudest from my NE quadrant
as I use my K9AY Loop to receive it.  Using CW  Skimmer to observe it I can
see some sort of rather deep drops in the received signal lasting only
several milliseconds that is not related to any QSB.  I also see upper and
lower sideband info that is about 100Hz or less which seems to be also
present at times.

73,

Ken, NU4I

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Phil Kane-2
On 2/16/2016 10:56 AM, Mike Flowers wrote:

> Yep - I hear it too.   It's strongest on a 60 degree heading from San Jose,
> CA - not particularly helpful as this includes most of the NA continent.

In the "good old days" the FCC's HF DF net would on request locate it as
a routine matter and the field engineers/agents would follow up.   No
longer - sadly.  Unless the problem involves Homeland Security,
interference to public safety or other governmental communications, or
criminal activity they don't do that any more, relying on us amateurs to
solve our own problems.  Of course, once we locate it, we have no
authority to either access the premises or order the station off the
air.   Minor point.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

District Director (retired)
FCC San Francisco Office

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Joe K2UF
Yup I see the dips here also from just a couple of s units to 4 or 5. No
pattern, like some one is tunning.

73  Joe K2UF

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Jeff
I've been watching it now for 30 minutes and its really loud here in
southeastern Michigan.  With QSB it fluctuates from +20 to +40 on my wire
160-80-40-30-17m vertical/INV-L.  On my Hi-Z 4 sq rx antenna it appears to
be northeast of me with up to +45/9 peak signals and nulls to S9 pointing
southwest. All of this on a K3S at 2:30 local time (1930z). Big QSB swings
of 20db and more.

73 Jeff W7JW

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

N2TK
In upstate NY (65 miles North of NYC) there is a strong carrier  about s9
+15 with lots of ups and downs. With the high wind my beam is flexing all
over the place so tough to get any meaningful reading. Even when the wind
dies down momentarily the signal is all over the place too. But it does seem
to peak East or Southeast of me.
73,
N2TK, Tony

Yup I see the dips here also from just a couple of s units to 4 or 5. No
pattern, like some one is tunning.

73  Joe K2UF

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We're at OT 10 posts in a very short time. Let's end this thread now and take it
to direct email at this time, in the interest reducing email overload for other
readers.

73,
Eric
List Moderator, Modulator etc..
/elecraft.com/

On 2/16/2016 11:51 AM, N2TK, Tony wrote:

> In upstate NY (65 miles North of NYC) there is a strong carrier  about s9
> +15 with lots of ups and downs. With the high wind my beam is flexing all
> over the place so tough to get any meaningful reading. Even when the wind
> dies down momentarily the signal is all over the place too. But it does seem
> to peak East or Southeast of me.
> 73,
> N2TK, Tony

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Bill Parris
it is S9+ here in Pinehurst, NC .... on all 5 antennas, none of which are
cut for 30 m.

Bill, AA4R

Re: 10.118.288 dead carrier

Wes (N7WS)
10.118283 in Tucson.  Peaking at S9 with QSB to S6.