Advice on software

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Advice on software

Michael Rudolph
I want to operate psk with the kx2 using a computer.

What is good psk software?
Also, what software can I use to turn my computer into a panadapter?  If I always have my computer, is there any reason to purchase the panadapter accessory?

Michael Rudolph
N3IRT
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice on software

Nate Bargmann
* On 2015 28 May 19:01 -0500, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> I want to operate psk with the kx2 using a computer.
>
> What is good psk software?

Fldigi.  It doesn't matter which of the major operating systems you use,
Fldigi is built for them all.

73, Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://www.n0nb.us
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

KPA500 fault

W4GRJ
My KPA500 has recently started to switch from operate to standby while using
on voice LSB on 40 meters
KAT500 tunes to 1.38 SWR, the bypass SWR is 3.1
This now happening on several occasions...any suggestions appreciated.

Jack
W4GRJ
 

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KPA500 fault

Guy Olinger K2AV
Arcing.  Try reducing power and see if the faults go away. Raise the power
gradually from low and see when the faults appear. Where faults occur and
why is another subject.

73, Guy K2AV

On Thursday, May 28, 2015, w4grj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My KPA500 has recently started to switch from operate to standby while
> using
> on voice LSB on 40 meters
> KAT500 tunes to 1.38 SWR, the bypass SWR is 3.1
> This now happening on several occasions...any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Jack
> W4GRJ
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email] <javascript:;>
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email] <javascript:;>
>


--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice on software

Barry K3NDM
In reply to this post by Michael Rudolph
Mike,
I used FLDIGI or MIXW. Both are quite good. You don't need to worry about radio control beyond PTT. I was using a SigaLink PSK for the interface and it worked well. I have a KX3 these days and I use both the internal PSK cap, abilities of the KX3 and FLDIGI. I go with what is the most convenient at the moment; I still have my SignaLink PSK.

How you go will depend on what other software you use. I use Ham Radio Deluxe and some radio control software. It's easy for me to go anyway I want. BTW: Ham Radio Deluxe has a package DM780 that has PSK software and well as other modes. There's nothing really wrong with DM780; I'm just accustomed to using FLDIGI.

73,
Barry
K3NDM

----- Original Message -----

From: "Michael Rudolph" <[hidden email]>
To: "elecraft" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:00:25 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Advice on software

I want to operate psk with the kx2 using a computer.

What is good psk software?
Also, what software can I use to turn my computer into a panadapter? If I always have my computer, is there any reason to purchase the panadapter accessory?

Michael Rudolph
N3IRT
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft 
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm 
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net 
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html 
Message delivered to [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice on software

Dave KW4M
In reply to this post by Michael Rudolph
I want to operate psk with the kx2 using a computer.

I'd be happy with just CW

...if only that radio existed.

:)

73,
Dave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice on software

NK7Z
In reply to this post by Barry K3NDM
Mike,
I use MixW, and like it.  I have a review of it here:
http://nk7z.net/review-of-mixw-multimode-software/

--
Thanks and 73's,
For equipment, and software setups and reviews see:
www.nk7z.net

For MixW support see;
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mixw/info
For Dopplergram information see:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dopplergram/info
For MM-SSTV see:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MM-SSTV/info


On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 03:31 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Mike,
> I used FLDIGI or MIXW. Both are quite good. You don't need to worry about radio control beyond PTT. I was using a SigaLink PSK for the interface and it worked well. I have a KX3 these days and I use both the internal PSK cap, abilities of the KX3 and FLDIGI. I go with what is the most convenient at the moment; I still have my SignaLink PSK.
>
> How you go will depend on what other software you use. I use Ham Radio Deluxe and some radio control software. It's easy for me to go anyway I want. BTW: Ham Radio Deluxe has a package DM780 that has PSK software and well as other modes. There's nothing really wrong with DM780; I'm just accustomed to using FLDIGI.
>
> 73,
> Barry
> K3NDM
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: "Michael Rudolph" <[hidden email]>
> To: "elecraft" <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:00:25 PM
> Subject: [Elecraft] Advice on software
>
> I want to operate psk with the kx2 using a computer.
>
> What is good psk software?
> Also, what software can I use to turn my computer into a panadapter? If I always have my computer, is there any reason to purchase the panadapter accessory?
>
> Michael Rudolph
> N3IRT
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft 
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm 
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net 
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html 
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]