Buggy software

G4HUE
Many moons ago I worked at a bank (software dept) and we had been running a daily check reading program reading the magnetic line from a check and sorting accordingly. Well this program read 600,000 checks a day - every working day of the year (that's about 250) then after it had been running about 6 years it fell over one day - a particular combinations of checks and the way they were batched. Now that sounds to me like a LOT of testing (600,000 * 250 * 6 = 900 million). So to expect all software to be perfect is not realistic. As to not using or trusting software - well whatever you do don't fly as all modern aircraft are software platforms!!
Andy G4HUE