Building K2 SSB unit KSB2 version E

William Lagerberg
Hi every body,

Posted some messages, and love the way the list works.

Sorry about my English last message was just thinking on paper and that
ended in some comments :)

I bought the K2 ¼ already build, looked good so I took the risk…

Now wat I noticed having finished today the RF board, is that the previous
builder reversed the connectors J9 J10 and J11 he installed the mail side on
the RF board, and the female on the KSB2 board.

I don’t think there will be a divergence.

Any thoughts from the group ??

Regards William PE1BSB

Re: Building K2 SSB unit KSB2 version E

Don Wilhelm
William,

I hate it when a builder does that and then I have to repair it later in
its life - only because the bypass jumpers I have should I need to
remove the KSB2 for test purposes do not work.

Other than that aspect, it will cause no operational problems.
There is a greater chance of the male pins to become bent if they are on
the RF board, and if they should, they are harder to straighten than
male pins on the option board.

If you have *good* desoldering equipment available, I would change them,
but lacking that, leave them as-is.

On 4/24/2016 12:36 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi every body,
>

> Posted some messages, and love the way the list works.
>
> Sorry about my English last message was just thinking on paper and that
> ended in some comments :)
>

> I bought the K2 ¼ already build, looked good so I took the risk…
>

> Now wat I noticed having finished today the RF board, is that the previous
> builder reversed the connectors J9 J10 and J11 he installed the mail side on
> the RF board, and the female on the KSB2 board.
>

> I don’t think there will be a divergence.

Re: Building K2 SSB unit KSB2 version E

William Lagerberg
Thanks Don,

I reversed the connectors, female = female and male = male now.

For everybody when you desolder the connectors used in the K2 for the SSB board for example, the pins are getting lose in the plastic by the mail connectors,
take care that they get the same hight when u use them again….
My advice remove them and take new one’s its not the money :-))

Regards William PE1BSB