Camping radio ops: then and now

Re: Camping radio ops: then and now

Phil Wheeler-2
I know where you're coming from, Mike. Like you I
built my own K2 from the ground up starting in
1999 and "completing" it in 2003 with the KDSP2
(and some other adds updates in 2014); I still use
the K2 regularly even with a K3/P3/KPA500 etc. My
favorite time in the hobby was building QRP rigs
-- many designed by Wayne -- in the 90s. And,
Mike, I do note with appreciation your many
contributions to the K2 odyssey!

Alas, times have changes and short of building
another K2 that sort of pleasure is no longer
available to me: SMT and have not become friends.

Sure I'd like to have a KX2 schematic -- and
haven't concluded Elecraft won't provide one in
time. But I won't deny myself the pleasure of
using it -- and pleasure it does provide -- for
lack of a schematic.

73, Phil W7OX