Chatter

Gary Smith-2
I find it interesting how time changes things. When I first came here
4 or so years ago everything was K3 related with a smattering of K2 &
K1 related discussion. Then it was the P3 that was mixed in & then
the KPA500 and now it's the KX3.

Although I personally miss the chatter about the K3 and the once
frequent software updates, it's good to see the enthusiasm the newer
additions to the Elecraft stable have brought to those who have
chosen Elecraft over all the other options.

Gary
KA1J

Re: Chatter

N7US
"Stable" is an appropriate word.  With other manufacturers' equipment that I've had, there would still be complaints about unresolved problems.  ;-)

Jim N7US
Sent from my iPad

I find it interesting how time changes things. When I first came here
4 or so years ago everything was K3 related with a smattering of K2 &
K1 related discussion. Then it was the P3 that was mixed in & then
the KPA500 and now it's the KX3.

Although I personally miss the chatter about the K3 and the once
frequent software updates, it's good to see the enthusiasm the newer
additions to the Elecraft stable have brought to those who have
chosen Elecraft over all the other options.

Gary
KA1J

Re: Chatter

Doug VE3VS
I also don't really mind, from time to time, reading posts about equipment that I don't have in my station. However, now that we are beginning to see the beginnings of several postings relating to the KAT500, I suggest to the powers that be that they might consider either ( 1 ) including the [KAT500] postings within [QRO] or ( 2 ) initiating a new [KAT500] sub-category to help with the organization of these postings.

We seem to have strayed somewhat from one of the directives for categorizing postings, I feel.

Doug, VE3VS

Re: Chatter

Gary Gregory
*OR......release a new model...:-)

Gary
*
On 5 November 2012 00:09, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Stable" is an appropriate word.  With other manufacturers' equipment that
> I've had, there would still be complaints about unresolved problems.  ;-)
>
> Jim N7US
> Sent from my iPad

*Gary*
*Start the day off slow, then taper off.........*
K3 #679
KX3 #2122
KPA500FT #18
KAT500FT 007
P3 #1629

Re: Chatter

Doug,

The Elecraft reflector does not have sub-categories, I believe that is
strictly a Nabble thing.
The request made for the Elecraft reflector is that the subject line
contain the model designation of the product of interest - i.e. K1, K2,
KAT100, K3, KPA500, KAT500 etc.  Sorting into separate folders in an
email client is easy if that request is honored.

On 11/4/2012 12:14 PM, Doug VE3VS wrote:

> I also don't really mind, from time to time, reading posts about equipment
> that I don't have in my station. However, now that we are beginning to see
> the beginnings of several postings relating to the KAT500, I suggest to the
> powers that be that they might consider either ( 1 ) including the [KAT500]
> postings within [QRO] or ( 2 ) initiating a new [KAT500] sub-category to
> help with the organization of these postings.
>
> We seem to have strayed somewhat from one of the directives for categorizing
> postings, I feel.
>
> Doug, VE3VS

Re: Chatter

N0AZZ
Nope now it's the KAT500 is the flavor of the day 8-)

73,
Fred/N0AZZ

Chatter K3

David Pratt
In a recent message, [hidden email] writes

>Although I personally miss the chatter about the K3 and the once frequent
>software updates, it's good to see the enthusiasm the newer additions to the
>Elecraft stable have brought to those who have chosen Elecraft over all the
>other options.

Gary - we are told that there is new K3 beta software due for release
any day.  As for K3-specific chatter, there is the Yahoo Elecraft_K3
group which I find useful.  This reflector does seem to get clogged up
with the more recent Elecraft hardware as well as several off-topic
items that occasionally dominate the reflector.

73 de David G4DMP

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Re: Chatter

aj4ay
The sad truth is that the request is very seldom honored.

Jay
AJ4AY, K2 owner
Mobile, AL