Decoded Text on the P3

KC6CNN
Will the P3 ever get the ability to have decoded text on the P3 screen like the PX3?
That why if I run field day I can read the text off of my P3 two line screens. Would be nice to have that.
73 Gerald
KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: Decoded Text on the P3

Don Wilhelm
Gerald,

Add the P3SVGA option and you can see the text on the SVGA monitor.

73,
Don w3FPR

On 7/16/2016 8:24 PM, KC6CNN wrote:
> Will the P3 ever get the ability to have decoded text on the P3 screen like
> the PX3?
> That why if I run field day I can read the text off of my P3 two line
> screens. Would be nice to have that.

Re: Decoded Text on the P3

KC6CNN
Hello Don
Yeah I have that but was hoping it would work on just the P3 like the PX3 does do I did not have to set up a monitor.

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 7:37 PM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gerald,
>
> Add the P3SVGA option and you can see the text on the SVGA monitor.
>
> 73,
> Don w3FPR
>
>> On 7/16/2016 8:24 PM, KC6CNN wrote:
>> Will the P3 ever get the ability to have decoded text on the P3 screen like
>> the PX3?
>> That why if I run field day I can read the text off of my P3 two line
>> screens. Would be nice to have that.

KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: Decoded Text on the P3

Gary Gregory-2
This is the main reason I no longer have my P3.
The second was the TX monitor which did not meet my requirement.
An extra monitor in the motor home simply will not fit.
Admittedly cost became a factor as well given the add on hardware as well as the monitor and it all got to difficult.
However, I love my K-line and don't plan on replacing it in this lifetime.
Gary

Yeah I have that but was hoping it would work on just the P3 like the PX3 does do I did not have to set up a monitor.

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 7:37 PM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gerald,
>
> Add the P3SVGA option and you can see the text on the SVGA monitor.
>
> 73,
> Don w3FPR
>
>> On 7/16/2016 8:24 PM, KC6CNN wrote:
>> Will the P3 ever get the ability to have decoded text on the P3 screen like
>> the PX3?
>> That why if I run field day I can read the text off of my P3 two line
>> screens. Would be nice to have that.

Re: Decoded Text on the P3

KC6CNN
Hey Gary hope all is well!
Did you pack up and move because of weather? LOL
Yeah I'm looking for some down size for when I'm at the cabin. It is solar power and would be nice to be able to watch P3 for a couple of lines rather than a word at a time on the K3. Also room is an issue here too.

Okay hopefully if the can do the PX3 they can do it to the P3. Fingers crossed.

Take care Gary we still need to arrange a qso. Hihi