Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

tomb18
The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any email.  Does one get sent?
Thanks, Tom
va2fsq.com

---

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

tomb18
Hi,
Well it seems that the order I placed never made it into the Elecraft
computers.  So KX2 support will be at least 4 weeks out for Win4K3.
Off to place the order again.
And no, emails are only sent when shipped.

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Bob-270
Hi Tom,

             Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As far as
I remember always did in the past too.

73,

Bob

K2TK

On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any email.  Does one get sent?
> Thanks, Tom
> va2fsq.com

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

tomb18
Well lo and behold.  This time I received an email confirmation.  I do not
have one from when I placed the order a few weeks ago.
Funny, Ron in sales says they do NOT send an email confirmation.

On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I
> remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any
> email.  Does one get sent?
> Thanks, Tom
> va2fsq.com

---

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Joel Curneal-2
I have placed  several orders with Elecraft in the past year (the latest
for a KX2 placed on May 23)  and have always received an automatic email
response shortly after placing the order.

Joel - N1JEO

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
>             Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As
> far as I remember always did in the past too.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob
>
> K2TK
>

> On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
>
>> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and
>> I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any
>> email.  Does one get sent?
>> Thanks, Tom
>> va2fsq.com

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Kevin - K4VD
I purchased my KX3 recently and didn't receive a confirmation until I asked
about it here. I do kind of expect an order acknowledgement if not
immediately (the computer age) at least by the next business day. If not, I
get a little concerned.

This is only because I've been spoiled by the quick "Thank you for your
order!" email from the likes of Amazon and the local pizza delivery shop.
Now everyone who sells me something needs to be just like them.

Kev / K4VD

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Joel Curneal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have placed  several orders with Elecraft in the past year (the latest
> for a KX2 placed on May 23)  and have always received an automatic email
> response shortly after placing the order.
>
> Joel - N1JEO
>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> >             Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As
> > far as I remember always did in the past too.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > K2TK
> >

> > On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
> >
> >> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and
> >> I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have
> any
> >> email.  Does one get sent?
> >> Thanks, Tom
> >> va2fsq.com

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Phil Wheeler-2
In my case sometimes yes, sometimes no. Yes in the
case of my KX2 order on May 21.

Phil W7OX

On 6/22/16 11:08 AM, Tom wrote:
> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any email.  Does one get sent?
> Thanks, Tom
> va2fsq.com

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Don Wilhelm
I believe if you order on-line, you will receive an email confirmation.
If you order by phone or an email direct to sales, an email is not
likely until it ships.

On 6/22/2016 5:15 PM, Phil Wheeler wrote:
> In my case sometimes yes, sometimes no. Yes in the case of my KX2
> order on May 21.
>
> Phil W7OX

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Raymund Band
Since 1999 or thereabouts I have placed at least 30 orders on the Elecraft
web page for K1, K2, K3, KX3 and associated equipment together with lots of
orders for spare parts. I have without exception always received an email
order confirmation.

Ray / SM5XLP

Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Edward A. Dauer
Same here.  All my orders have been via the web site.  Usually get an acknowledgment right away; but a couple of times, none at all.  The order just showed up, unannounced (but not unwelcome.)

Ted, KN1CBR

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:15:36 -0700
From: Phil Wheeler <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Does one receive an email when an order is
        placed?

In my case sometimes yes, sometimes no. Yes in the
case of my KX2 order on May 21.

Phil W7OX

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft
Our Web order entry system always sends an immediate email confirmation. Ron was probably noting that we do not normally send a second one manually.

We usually also send an automated email with a tracking number when we ship via UPS.

If you do not receive a quick confirmation email when placing an order on the web, its likely there was a typo in your entered email address on the order. (Or it is caught in your spam filter.  Make sure to search on and whitelist emails from [hidden email] , which is our secure shopping cart vendor.)

Feel free to call or email [hidden email] if you do not receive an email order confirmation quickly

73,

Eric
elecraft.com
_..._

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well lo and behold.  This time I received an email confirmation.  I do not have one from when I placed the order a few weeks ago.
> Funny, Ron in sales says they do NOT send an email confirmation.
> 73
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Bob
> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:55 PM
> To: Tom ; Elecraft Reflector
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Does one receive an email when an order is placed?
>
> Hi Tom,
>
>           Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As far as
> I remember always did in the past too.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob
>
> K2TK
>

>> On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
>> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any email.  Does one get sent?
>> Thanks, Tom
>> va2fsq.com
>

> ---

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

charlie carroll
Actually, my confirmation message came from [hidden email].

73 charlie, k1xx

On 6/22/2016 9:15 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

> Our Web order entry system always sends an immediate email confirmation. Ron was probably noting that we do not normally send a second one manually.
>
> We usually also send an automated email with a tracking number when we ship via UPS.
>
> If you do not receive a quick confirmation email when placing an order on the web, its likely there was a typo in your entered email address on the order. (Or it is caught in your spam filter.  Make sure to search on and whitelist emails from [hidden email] , which is our secure shopping cart vendor.)
>
> Feel free to call or email [hidden email] if you do not receive an email order confirmation quickly
>
> 73,
>
> Eric
> elecraft.com
> _..._
>

>> On Jun 22, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well lo and behold.  This time I received an email confirmation.  I do not have one from when I placed the order a few weeks ago.
>> Funny, Ron in sales says they do NOT send an email confirmation.
>> 73
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Bob
>> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:55 PM
>> To: Tom ; Elecraft Reflector
>> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Does one receive an email when an order is placed?
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>>           Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As far as
>> I remember always did in the past too.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> K2TK
>>

>>> On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
>>> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any email.  Does one get sent?
>>> Thanks, Tom
>>> va2fsq.com
>>
>> ---

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

tomb18
I do think that there is something wrong with the virtual cart ordering
system.
I do not have a confirmation message in my junk folder.  If I had made an
error in my email address then there should have been a notification to
someone about this error.  I entered my email address, my phone number and
my call sign.  I did NOT make an error in all three.
A very quick search on my call sign VA2FSQ would quickly show my email
address, phone number, and my order history (almost every single Elecraft
product).,
I now need to wait an additional three weeks for my product.
I would expect a little bit better consideration especially since I dropped
everything to help you guys out just a little while ago.
So much for professional courtesy.

Our Web order entry system always sends an immediate email confirmation. Ron
was probably noting that we do not normally send a second one manually.

We usually also send an automated email with a tracking number when we ship
via UPS.

If you do not receive a quick confirmation email when placing an order on
the web, its likely there was a typo in your entered email address on the
order. (Or it is caught in your spam filter.  Make sure to search on and
whitelist emails from [hidden email] , which is our secure shopping
cart vendor.)

Feel free to call or email [hidden email] if you do not receive an email
order confirmation quickly

73,

Eric
elecraft.com
_..._

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well lo and behold.  This time I received an email confirmation.  I do not
> have one from when I placed the order a few weeks ago.
> Funny, Ron in sales says they do NOT send an email confirmation.
> 73
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Bob
> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:55 PM
> To: Tom ; Elecraft Reflector
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Does one receive an email when an order is placed?
>
> Hi Tom,
>
>           Last order placed was for K-Pod on April 17th and I did.  As far
> as
> I remember always did in the past too.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob
>
> K2TK
>

>> On 6/22/2016 2:08 PM, Tom wrote:
>> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and
>> I remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any
>> email.  Does one get sent?
>> Thanks, Tom
>> va2fsq.com
>

> ---

---

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

KK6ZZP
Tom and others, Over the past several months I've made several orders and
I've noticed a pattern. When I pay via PayPal *I do not receive an email
confirmation. *Even more distressing is that I've written two messages to
[hidden email], at about a one-month interval, asking for a copy of my
two missing orders. *These requests have been entirely ignored*.

I recently ordered a KX2 and was careful to make a copy of my order. I
again requested a copy of the two orders missing from my files. That was
now several days ago. I've heard nothing.

Perhaps this information will help others make sense of their own
experience.

And perhaps this public shaming will prompt Elecraft to be more responsive
to the reasonable minor requests of customers who've made purchases of
multiple thousands of dollars.

Cheers,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The reason I ask is that early this month I ordered a bunch of stuff and I
> remember seeing the web page confirmation but I do not seem to have any
> email.  Does one get sent?
> Thanks, Tom
> va2fsq.com
>
> ---

Bill McCarty

Sent from my Cray CX1 supercomputer--I'm still saving for a CX2

Re: Does one receive an email when an order is placed?

Rick Stealey

15 messages on this topic.
I'm turning off the PC and turning on the K3.  Even if the bands are dead it will be more informative and entertaining.

Rick  K2XT