Does the K3S/10 have the fans in the case?

Does the K3S/10 have the fans in the case?

dw-4

Hi all,
I'm seeing pictures of the K3s/10 with the dual fans in the back of the
case.
I suspect that picture is probably from the 100 watt version?
Is that correct?
I would be surprised if the 10 watt version needed cooling fans.

Tnx
N1BBR

Re: Does the K3S/10 have the fans in the case?

Don Wilhelm-4
You are seeing a picture of the K3S/100 if it has fans.
The K3S/10 has a blank panel where the fans for the KPA3A would mount.
Cooling fans are not needed for the K3S/10

On 9/17/2015 10:57 AM, dw wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm seeing pictures of the K3s/10 with the dual fans in the back of the
> case.
> I suspect that picture is probably from the 100 watt version?
> Is that correct?
> I would be surprised if the 10 watt version needed cooling fans.
>
> Tnx
> N1BBR

Re: Does the K3S/10 have the fans in the case?

Jim Low man
This begs one question of a multi-question e-mail that I sent to Eric
recently.
I'm sure that he's busy after the local convention and hasn't had a
chance to answer.
Maybe I can get the answer from the collective wisdom of the list
members in the interim.

Originally I bought a K3/10 and later upgraded with the 100-watt option.
Recently I bought a K3S and am moving modules from the K3 to the new K3S.
If I do so, will the second fan in the K3S become operational?

Thanks for any advice and 73 de Jim - AD6CW

On 9/17/2015 7:57 AM, dw wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm seeing pictures of the K3s/10 with the dual fans in the back of the
> case.
> I suspect that picture is probably from the 100 watt version?
> Is that correct?
> I would be surprised if the 10 watt version needed cooling fans.
>
> Tnx
> N1BBR

Re: Does the K3S/10 have the fans in the case?

dw-4
Sweet!!
Thanks Don :-]
Duane