EU - K3 Kit Exemption

kk4oyj
EU regulations exempt "kits of components to be assembled by radio amateurs" from carrying a CE Mark. Can anyone confirm that the K3 kit falls within the kit category? If so, who confirmed this?

Many thanks and 73

John, 9H5G

Re: EU - K3 Kit Exemption

Clive Lorton

On 26 Apr 2014, at 10:10, John, 9H5G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> EU regulations exempt "kits of components to be assembled by radio amateurs" from carrying a CE Mark. Can anyone confirm that the K3 kit falls within the kit category? If so, who confirmed this?

It is my understanding that Kits cannot be CE marked as they could be constructed differentially (modified or not following the manual) by whoever constructs them. CE approved factory produced product are all built to the same standard(s).

Mine came as a kit of "Amateur Radio Parts”.

73, Clive - G8POC