Quantcast

Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft
Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).

We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.

Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also be at the HFpack session this afternoon.

We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!

73,
Eric

www.elecraft.com
_..._

Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Johnny Siu
Hello Eric,

Is this hamfest held every year?  Comparing Dayton, is it in similar scale?  I
am planning a trip to US next year.

cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/16 (六) 10:11:45 PM
主題: [Elecraft] Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon
ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).

We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the
soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.

Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also
be at the HFpack session this afternoon.

We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!

73,
Eric

www.elecraft.com
_..._

Re: Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Phil Hystad-3
Johnny,

Go to the SEAPAC hamfest held each June in Seaside, Oregon.  Elecraft does have a booth there.  Seaside is a small resort town on the coast of Oregon and WX is usually great as long as a cloudy day now and then does not bother you.  I go every year but I stay in Cannon Beach which is about 8 miles south of Seaside.

On Oct 16, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Johnny Siu wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Is this hamfest held every year?  Comparing Dayton, is it in similar scale?  I
> am planning a trip to US next year.
>
> cheers,
>
> Johnny VR2XMC
>

> ________________________________
> 寄件人﹕ Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[hidden email]>
> 收件人﹕ [hidden email]
> 傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/16 (六) 10:11:45 PM
> 主題: [Elecraft] Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>
> Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon
> ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).
>

> We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the
> soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.
>
> Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also
> be at the HFpack session this afternoon.
>
> We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!
>
> 73,
> Eric
>
> www.elecraft.com
> _..._

Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Johnny Siu
Thanks for all your replies.

Well, apparently there are  a number of hamfest in US.  Will there be any
schedules showing all the hamfest in a year round table?  Apart from timing, the
availability of direct flight from Hong Kong is also my consideration.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Rick Tavan N6XI <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ Johnny Siu <[hidden email]>
傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/17 (日) 1:58:34 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Hi, Johnny. Pacificon is much smaller than Dayton. It is a good, regional
hamfest for general interest ham radio. I believe it attracts a few hundred
attendees. I go there occasionally. Performance operators (DXers and contesters)
go to the Visalia (CA) International DX Convention in much larger numbers in the
Spring. I go to Visalia almost every year to meet active operators from all over
the world. It is in California's great Central Valley, about half way between
San Francisco and Los Angeles. Of course, most of the attendees are from the US
but there is significant participation by non-US hams. Hope to see you next year
at one or the other of these good, California conventions.

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Johnny Siu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Eric,

>Is this hamfest held every year?  Comparing Dayton, is it in similar scale?  I
>am planning a trip to US next year.
>
>cheers,
>
>Johnny VR2XMC
>

>________________________________
>寄件人﹕ Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[hidden email]>
>收件人﹕ [hidden email]
>傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/16 (六) 10:11:45 PM
>主題: [Elecraft] Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>

>Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon
>ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).
>

>We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the
>soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.
>
>Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also
>be at the HFpack session this afternoon.
>
>We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!
>
>73,
>Eric
>
>www.elecraft.com
>_..._

Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA

Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Bob Nielsen-2
The ARRL has a searchable database of Hamfests, Contests and other events:

http://www.arrl.org/events/search

Bob, N7XY

On Oct 16, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Johnny Siu wrote:

> Thanks for all your replies.
>
> Well, apparently there are  a number of hamfest in US.  Will there be any
> schedules showing all the hamfest in a year round table?  Apart from timing, the
> availability of direct flight from Hong Kong is also my consideration.
>
> 73
>
> Johnny VR2XMC
>

> ________________________________
> 寄件人﹕ Rick Tavan N6XI <[hidden email]>
> 收件人﹕ Johnny Siu <[hidden email]>
> 傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/17 (日) 1:58:34 AM
> 主題: Re: [Elecraft] Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>
> Hi, Johnny. Pacificon is much smaller than Dayton. It is a good, regional
> hamfest for general interest ham radio. I believe it attracts a few hundred
> attendees. I go there occasionally. Performance operators (DXers and contesters)
> go to the Visalia (CA) International DX Convention in much larger numbers in the
> Spring. I go to Visalia almost every year to meet active operators from all over
> the world. It is in California's great Central Valley, about half way between
> San Francisco and Los Angeles. Of course, most of the attendees are from the US
> but there is significant participation by non-US hams. Hope to see you next year
> at one or the other of these good, California conventions.
>
> 73,
>
> /Rick N6XI
>

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Johnny Siu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Eric,
>>
>> Is this hamfest held every year?  Comparing Dayton, is it in similar scale?  I
>> am planning a trip to US next year.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Johnny VR2XMC
>>

>> ________________________________
>> 寄件人﹕ Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[hidden email]>
>> 收件人﹕ [hidden email]
>> 傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/16 (六) 10:11:45 PM
>> 主題: [Elecraft] Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>>

>> Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon
>> ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).
>>

>> We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the
>> soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.
>>
>> Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also
>> be at the HFpack session this afternoon.
>>
>> We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!
>>
>> 73,
>> Eric
>>
>> www.elecraft.com
>> _..._

> Rick Tavan N6XI
> Truckee, CA

Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

W6ODJ
Johnny,

Just back from Pacificon.  Heard (and an official looking sign said the same) that Pacificon will be in Santa Clara, CA, next year.  This is down the peninsula from San Francisco.  A rumor is that next year the ARRL National Convention will be combined with Pacificon.  So, yes, this might be a hamfest to attend, IMHO.

73,

Oliver  W6ODJ

On 16 Oct 2010, at 3:30 PM, Johnny Siu wrote:

> Thanks for all your replies.
>
> Well, apparently there are  a number of hamfest in US.  Will there be any
> schedules showing all the hamfest in a year round table?  Apart from timing, the
> availability of direct flight from Hong Kong is also my consideration.
>
> 73
>
> Johnny VR2XMC
>

> ________________________________
> 寄件人﹕ Rick Tavan N6XI <[hidden email]>
> 收件人﹕ Johnny Siu <[hidden email]>
> 傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/17 (日) 1:58:34 AM
> 主題: Re: [Elecraft] Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>
> Hi, Johnny. Pacificon is much smaller than Dayton. It is a good, regional
> hamfest for general interest ham radio. I believe it attracts a few hundred
> attendees. I go there occasionally. Performance operators (DXers and contesters)
> go to the Visalia (CA) International DX Convention in much larger numbers in the
> Spring. I go to Visalia almost every year to meet active operators from all over
> the world. It is in California's great Central Valley, about half way between
> San Francisco and Los Angeles. Of course, most of the attendees are from the US
> but there is significant participation by non-US hams. Hope to see you next year
> at one or the other of these good, California conventions.
>
> 73,
>
> /Rick N6XI
>

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Johnny Siu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Eric,
>>
>> Is this hamfest held every year?  Comparing Dayton, is it in similar scale?  I
>> am planning a trip to US next year.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Johnny VR2XMC
>>

>> ________________________________
>> 寄件人﹕ Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[hidden email]>
>> 收件人﹕ [hidden email]
>> 傳送日期﹕ 2010/10/16 (六) 10:11:45 PM
>> 主題: [Elecraft] Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend
>>

>> Wayne and I, along with Lisa and our Elecraft crew, will be at the Pacificon
>> ARRL convention today and tomorrow in San Ramon, CA (SF Bay Area).
>>

>> We will be showing all of our products, including the K3, P3 Panadapter and the
>> soon to be released KPA-500 160-6M solid state amp.
>>
>> Wayne and I will also be giving several talks this morning, and Wayne will also
>> be at the HFpack session this afternoon.
>>
>> We're looking forward to meeting with everyone. Hope to see you there!
>>
>> 73,
>> Eric
>>
>> www.elecraft.com
>> _..._

> Rick Tavan N6XI
> Truckee, CA

Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Administrator
Yes, next year's Pacificon does look like it's going to be the biggest ham event in the US.
Leigh/WA5ZNU

Re: Elecraft at Pacificon, CA, Hamfest this weekend

Randy Hall
Well, Dayton gets 20,000 people, Pacificon had maybe 2000. Not as
large. I feel the forums are better at Pacificon, as they have more
forums and rooms than Dayton. There are a lot of smart hams in the bay
area that really support the forums. The commercial and flea market
areas are not as large as Dayton.

I am not sure if next year is the ARRL National at Pacificon or the
year after. I arrived a bit late during the ARRL forum to catch that
bit of data. When the show is the ARRL National convention, they bring
the ARRL Expo, which I believe is the same as they setup at Dayton.
Next year is the new larger hotel!

I really like Pacificon, I go mainly for the forums to learn something
new. I enjoyed Gordon West at breakfast - great way to start the
morning, Cliff Stoll dinner speaker, moonbounce, WJST, 2M path to
Hawaii, wG0AT and his goat adventures, and other great forums. Plus
all day Friday's antenna forum for $10 is a bargain.

I gave a talk on WSPR, filled the small room at 8 AM Sunday morning
with about 35 people.

Looking forward to next year, make your reservations early, as the
hotel and special events typically sell out. Pacificon has become an
annual three day event for me.

A big THANKS to the Pacificon crew!

Randy
K7AGE