Elecraft web site

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Elecraft web site

JJ-2
Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
dead.

Jon
WS1K
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Lewis Phelps
No problem accessing Elecraft.com the web site here.

Mac, Safari browser. Pages load instantaneously.

Lew
N6LEW




> On Dec 30, 2015, at 1:56 PM, JJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
> dead.
>
> Jon
> WS1K
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>

Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
[hidden email]
www.n6lew.us

Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put together will fall apart.





______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

David Glasser
No problem from Florida on Windows 10/Google Chrome
dg

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Lewis
Phelps
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:00 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft web site

No problem accessing Elecraft.com the web site here.

Mac, Safari browser. Pages load instantaneously.

Lew
N6LEW




> On Dec 30, 2015, at 1:56 PM, JJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
> dead.
>
> Jon
> WS1K
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>

Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
[hidden email]
www.n6lew.us

Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put
together will fall apart.





______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
In reply to this post by Lewis Phelps
I successfully loaded the Elecraft web site from multiple devices in my QTH.
Likeliest cause of problems some places, but not others, is a DNS update
that hasn't fully replicated to all upstream DNS provider servers. When a
change is made, it can take up to 24 hours, and sometimes 36-48 hours,
before the change fully replicates throughout the global DNS infrastructure.
Give time, and see if you still have issues tomorrow.

73 de,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
[hidden email]
10-10 #74624, North Georgia Chapter #2038
PODXS 070 #1962
K3# 281, P3 #688, KAT500 #860, KPA500 #1468


-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Lewis
Phelps
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:00 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft web site

No problem accessing Elecraft.com the web site here.

Mac, Safari browser. Pages load instantaneously.

Lew
N6LEW




> On Dec 30, 2015, at 1:56 PM, JJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
> dead.
>
> Jon
> WS1K
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>

Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
[hidden email]
www.n6lew.us

Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put
together will fall apart.





______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

John Pitz
In reply to this post by JJ-2
Try rebooting any network access hardware you have, such as cable
modems, routers, switches, etc.  I had a similar issue the other day
except that I couldn't get to fox news and a few other sites I visit
regularly.  Ended up rebooting the cable modem and wireless switch.
Everything worked as expected afterward.

John
KD8CIV

On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 16:56 -0500, JJ wrote:

> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
> dead.
>
> Jon
> WS1K
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Alan. G4GNX
In reply to this post by JJ-2
It's working just fine for me in the UK.

73,

Alan. G4GNX

-----Original Message-----
From: JJ
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:56 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft web site

Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
dead.

Jon
WS1K
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Gary Gregory-2
Even in The Land Downunder it works as expected.

Gary

On 31 December 2015 at 08:28, G4GNX - Alan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It's working just fine for me in the UK.
>
> 73,
>
> Alan. G4GNX
>
> -----Original Message----- From: JJ Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015
> 9:56 PM To: [hidden email] Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft web
> site
> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
> dead.
>
> Jon
> WS1K
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>



--



*Gary - VK1ZZ, K3NHLSkype: Gary.VK1ZZhttp://www.qsl.net/vk1zz
<http://www.qsl.net/vk1zz>Motorhome Portable*
*Miss Behavin'*


*Elecraft K3KPA500FT  #18KAT500FT  #007*
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Richard S. Leary
In reply to this post by JJ-2
Working OK in Tacoma, WA as of 1501PST, Win10, IE11...

73,
Rick, W7LKG

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of JJ
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 13:57
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft web site

Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows Explorer.
Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still dead.

Jon
WS1K
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message
delivered to [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT
In reply to this post by Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Based on the zone's serial number, there have been no changes to their
DNS since July 2013.

The zone has a 3 hour TTL, meaning that no provider should cache it
longer than 3 hours.

Most likely something just plain broke somewhere, and some providers
don't have a route to Elecraft's host.

73 -- Lynn (who did this for a living for a couple of decades)

On 12/30/2015 2:04 PM, Ian - Ham wrote:
> Likeliest cause of problems some places, but not others, is a DNS update
> that hasn't fully replicated to all upstream DNS provider servers.

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

k6dgw
I think you have it Lynn.  In the late 90's, my employer had a contract
with Wells Fargo Bank to help plan and execute the move of a major data
center from San Francisco to Roseville CA.  As you might suspect, we
became close friends with the WF IT folk.  It so happened that my
employer had recently purchased Network Solutions Inc., then the sole
Internet domain registrar.  At that point, they were updating the DNS
network daily.

While in a WF facility in PHX, I began to get what looked like random
numbers on my pager [remember those?]  On the premise that someone
REALLY wanted to contact me, I began putting parts of the numbers into
my Palm Pilot Zero [remember those?].  Mike [WF IT guy in SF] popped up,
I called and asked if he was trying to reach me.  In a huge panic, he
said, "wellsfargo.com had disappeared from the Internet.  Can you call
NS since you own them and get it fixed."

I did, they fixed it but it took about 12 hours to propagate everywhere.
  We tend to take things like the telephone and Internet for granted
these days, actually we did then too.  They do occasionally have
hiccups.  For the record, the Elecraft site comes up fine in NW Nevada.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn


On 12/30/2015 3:06 PM, Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT wrote:

> Based on the zone's serial number, there have been no changes to their
> DNS since July 2013.
>
> The zone has a 3 hour TTL, meaning that no provider should cache it
> longer than 3 hours.
>
> Most likely something just plain broke somewhere, and some providers
> don't have a route to Elecraft's host.
>
> 73 -- Lynn (who did this for a living for a couple of decades)

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Elecraft mailing list
In reply to this post by JJ-2
Down here too.  Verizon FIOS southern CA.Bob  W6VY
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Elecraft web site

Scott Gillen ZL1CHM
In reply to this post by Lewis Phelps
Working fin on my iPhone in NZ.

Scott
N0HOK / ZL1CHM
Auckland New Zealand

Sent from my iPhone

On 31/12/2015, at 11:00 AM, Lewis Phelps <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No problem accessing Elecraft.com the web site here.
>
> Mac, Safari browser. Pages load instantaneously.
>
> Lew
> N6LEW
>
>
>
>
>> On Dec 30, 2015, at 1:56 PM, JJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dead here as well.  Same results with Google Chrome and Windows
>> Explorer. Browsing data, browser cache and DNS cache cleared, still
>> dead.
>>
>> Jon
>> WS1K
>> ______________________________________________________________
>> Elecraft mailing list
>> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>>
>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>>
>
> Lew Phelps N6LEW
> Pasadena, CA DM04wd
> Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
> Yaesu FT-7800
> [hidden email]
> www.n6lew.us
>
> Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put together will fall apart.
>
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]