Encoder Noise

w7aqk
Hi All,

On my KX3, I seem to be getting a very loud noise anytime I move the encoder
on 6 meters.  I don't notice that at all on any other bands.

Any thoughts?

Dave W7AQK

Re: Encoder Noise

Jessie Oberreuter-2

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, w7aqk wrote:

> On my KX3, I seem to be getting a very loud noise anytime I move the encoder
> on 6 meters.  I don't notice that at all on any other bands.

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/KX3%20Tuning%20Noise%20Mod%20rev%20B3.pdf
(Linked from: http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3_app_notes.htm)

      I have an earlier set of boards.  Even with the mods, I still had a
little noise in places.  Not all of the upper bands, but some of them.
Setting RX SHIFT=8.0 on the 1-2 bands still affected cleared it up.
There's rarely a need for the hardware filters up there, and it's easy
enough to flip 'em back on when needed.

Wayne,

      Any chance of disabling the lock protocol when RX SHIFT is assigned
to a programmable function key?  There are times when I'd really like to
be able to toggle it on and off with the push of a button.

-kb7psg

Re: Encoder Noise

w7aqk
That worked for me!  Thanks!