February Special!!

Clay Autery
Man, I really want to exercise the KAT500/KPA500 $100 off plus Free
Shipping deal...

Don't think I can scrape that much cash together before 28 Feb, though....

Heck of a deal!

Re: February Special!!

awong
Thanks; I didn't even know about the sale until you brought it up. You can always use the Wilma Flintstone method "charge it!" Now I need to try to figure out a way to explain this to the xyl.
Alan Wong, KK6WA

Re: February Special!!

Kevin - K4VD
On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks; I didn't even know about the sale until you brought it up. You can
> always use the Wilma Flintstone method "charge it!" Now I need to try to
> figure out a way to explain this to the xyl.
> Alan Wong, KK6WA

​I'm not sure how well that will work. I think you need to scheme this one
out.

"Fred is still the simple man, striving to be the king of his castle; Wilma
is still the tolerant* but not-indulging* wife, and Barney (with his wife,
Betty, and infant son, Bamm-Bamm) is still the original wingman, whose
loyalty to Fred often outweighs his common sense."

​I think the key to your solution is the wingman. You could purchase the
KAT500/KPA500 for your Barney and tell your Wilma you are paying him back
for years of loyalty and friendship. If you go this route, let me know. I
can be your Barney. :)

73,
Kev K4VD

Re: February Special!!

Rick WA6NHC-2
Nah, just keep saying the word 'sale'... that's in most females
vocabulary even if they don't grok ham radio. ;-)  Then you can mention
you also saved by buying the kit form, which also keeps you out of her
hair for hours while building, using and researching for more.  It's
winnable.  Relate it to her intere$t$, crafting, quilting or whatever.
Or better yet, get her interested and licensed!

Rick nhc

On 2/4/2017 9:08 AM, Kevin - K4VD wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Now I need to try to
>> figure out a way to explain this to the xyl.
>> Alan Wong, KK6WA
>>
> ​I'm not sure how well that will work. I think you need to scheme this one
> out.

Re: February Special!!

awong
Kev
Thanks for offering to be my Barney. We might try the "sale" method and see how well that flys.
73
alan