Field Day Report

Jim Guffey
I have been a Ham for 25 years but this is the first year I have seriously
participated in field day. I had a blast! I had some family obligations so
I was only on the air for 10 hours.

My setup was very small. I just bought a K1 a few months ago and I was a
little skeptical about how many contacts I would make with the bands being
in bad shape and how crowed it was. But I tell you I had no trouble making
contacts. If I could hear them I could work them. I made 110 contacts, 54
sections, 37 states and the Bahamas.

My set up was the Elecraft K1 with 20 and 40 meters, a LNR Precision
EF-10/20/40 MKII EndFedz Antenna sloped with the high end at 22' and a 6ah
battery.

I have order a KX2 that should be here Friday but I am keeping the K1. CW
is just too much fun.

Next year I am going to set up in the woods somewhere and I want to double
my number of contacts.

Re: Field Day Report

Kevin - K4VD
Nice! I really enjoy hearing about good results with a minimal setup. I was
real pleased with how well the KX3 setup up, ran and then packed away. I
didn't know what to expect but was kept quite busy. It is all about being
on the air. Hope you enjoy the KX2 and the K1 continues to get a workout.

Kev