Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

pastormg
Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a footswitch. I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would connect it to my K3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Mark Griffin KB3Z

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Pete Smith N4ZR
It can be anything from a $5 RadioShack unit to a fancy Heil, but I'd
recommend going to a second-hand store and looking for a footswitch off
an old dictating machine.  They often have two or three switches, and
are made sturdily, often with cast metal shells.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
For spots, please go to your favorite
ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

On 3/20/2013 1:06 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a footswitch. I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would connect it to my K3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Mark Griffin KB3Z

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Bob W7AVK-2
I've used a small door bell push button mounted next to the cw paddle or
key.

73  Bob  W7AVK

On 3/20/2013 10:09 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:

> It can be anything from a $5 RadioShack unit to a fancy Heil, but I'd
> recommend going to a second-hand store and looking for a footswitch
> off an old dictating machine.  They often have two or three switches,
> and are made sturdily, often with cast metal shells.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR
> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
> http://reversebeacon.net,
> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
> For spots, please go to your favorite
> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

>> Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my
>> Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a
>> footswitch. I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would
>> connect it to my K3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
>> Mark Griffin KB3Z

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Rose
Music stores selling instruments usually have a variety of foot switches.

73!

Rose - N7HKW

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Bob W7AVK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've used a small door bell push button mounted next to the cw paddle or
> key.
>
> 73  Bob  W7AVK
>

> On 3/20/2013 10:09 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
>>
>> It can be anything from a $5 RadioShack unit to a fancy Heil, but I'd
>> recommend going to a second-hand store and looking for a footswitch off an
>> old dictating machine.  They often have two or three switches, and are made
>> sturdily, often with cast metal shells.
>>
>> 73, Pete N4ZR
>> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
>> http://reversebeacon.net,
>> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
>> For spots, please go to your favorite
>> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

>>> Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my
>>> Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a footswitch.
>>> I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would connect it to my K3. Any
>>> help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Mark Griffin KB3Z

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Jim Hoge-2
I know I'll get heat for this but an old straight key will work too. Just think of it as QLF.

Jim W5QM

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT
eBay is your friend (usually):

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEMCo-Industrial-Foot-Switch-SPDT-NO-NC-Electric-Power-Pedal-Momentary-New-CNC-/400421842042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3b006c7a>

Mel

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Mel
I made mine using a hinge with a metal plate and a simple limit switch and mounted it on a aluminum plate.  Looks like a foot throttle petal in a car.  Oh well,

Mel, K6KBE

________________________________
I know I'll get heat for this but an old straight key will work too. Just think of it as QLF.

Jim W5QM

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Richard Fjeld
I bought a new foot switch on eBay for around $6.

  I've used a small door bell push button mounted next to the cw paddle or
  key.

  73  Bob  W7AVK

  On 3/20/2013 10:09 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
  > It can be anything from a $5 RadioShack unit to a fancy Heil, but I'd
  > recommend going to a second-hand store and looking for a footswitch
  > off an old dictating machine.  They often have two or three switches,
  > and are made sturdily, often with cast metal shells.
  >
  > 73, Pete N4ZR
  > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
  > http://reversebeacon.net,
  > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
  > For spots, please go to your favorite
  > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

  >> Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my
  >> Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a
  >> footswitch. I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would
  >> connect it to my K3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
  >> Mark Griffin KB3Z

Fwd: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Ken G Kopp
I've had one of these stuck to the floor with double-sided tape for years.

73!

Ken Kopp - K0PP

eBay is your friend (usually):

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEMCo-Industrial-Foot-Switch-SPDT-NO-NC-Electric-Power-Pedal-Momentary-New-CNC-/400421842042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3b006c7a>

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Mark,

If you already have a footswitch connected to the K3 PTT jack in the
rear, yes, it will work on SSB as well as CW.  That is not dependent on
any connection to the microphone.

On 3/20/2013 1:06 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Good Afternoon. I am about to purchase a boom and clip to attach my Kenwood MC-60 to. I understand to key the K3 that I will need a footswitch. I have no idea who manufactures one and how I would connect it to my K3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Mark Griffin KB3Z

Re: Footswitch to use with a Boom Microphone

Bob Nielsen-2
Back in the 1950s I picked up a foot-operated headlight dimmer switch at an auto parts store to use with my D104, which didn't have a PTT switch.

73, Bob N7XY