Fw: [K3] Hearing aids, meet K3

Richard Fjeld
I've been trying email clients, and had a cockpit error. I wanted to make a couple comments.

First to Alan, N5ILN, I do have a copy of Schrader's 'Electronic Communications".  I agree.

Then, this story:
 I began using my laptop at my daughter's house. Pretty soon, people from all over the house, even from downstairs, converged on me asking why the laptop was making such a terrible screeching noise.  They couldn't tolerate it.  I wasn't hearing a thing.  I hit the mute button and they were happy again.  No hearing aids yet.

I wonder if that affects my preference for CW sidetone around 600 Hz.  I think that is normal??

Dick, n0ce

Re: Fw: [K3] Hearing aids, meet K3

tnnyswy
>>>  No hearing aids yet. <<<

When was the last time you told somebody that their audio is too bassy?

((((73)))) Milverton

Re: Fw: [K3] Hearing aids, meet K3

Richard Fjeld
Good question, but I don't think I have.  I would always check the P3 before hand as well.

As for the screaching noise I couldn't hear, I have no idea why the computer was producing it.  I'm guessing it must have been very high pitched.

Dick, n0ce