Griffin Imic used...

Rick Robinson
At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Lyle Johnson
The Dayton demo was a first generation iPad with the 30-pin expansion
connector.  An Apple camera connection kit was used to bring out a USB
port from the 30-pin connector.  The Griffin iMic was plugged into the
USB port.  The KX3 cable kit was used to bring the IQ baseband signals
to the iMic.  The app running was iSDR from the app store.

73,

Lyle KK7P

> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected?

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Andrew Moore-3
Apple's Lightning to 30 pin adapter should work with that setup on the
newer (Lightning) models. I am using Griffin iMic with newer iPad mini
(Lightning) and the adapter no prob. I suggest you use Apple's one not a
knockoff.

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Rick Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Richard Gillingham
The one I have uses a USB connector.  Not sure what a Lightening connector looks like.
73
Gil, W1RG

> Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:07:09 -0400
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Elecraft] Griffin Imic used...
>
> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Phil Hystad-3
I think someone meant the new Apple "Thunderbolt" connection that is used for high-speed video.

On May 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Richard Gillingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The one I have uses a USB connector.  Not sure what a Lightening connector looks like.
> 73
> Gil, W1RG
>
>> Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:07:09 -0400
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [Elecraft] Griffin Imic used...
>>
>> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
>> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
>> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
>> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
>> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Phil Hystad-3
Actually, I think they meant the new smaller connector on the so-called 4th gen iPads.  It is called a Lightning Connector.

On May 23, 2013, at 8:19 AM, Phil Hystad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think someone meant the new Apple "Thunderbolt" connection that is used for high-speed video.
>

> On May 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Richard Gillingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The one I have uses a USB connector.  Not sure what a Lightening connector looks like.
>> 73
>> Gil, W1RG
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:07:09 -0400
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [Elecraft] Griffin Imic used...
>>>
>>> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
>>> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
>>> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
>>> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
>>> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

T Gahagan-2
New Apple devices now use a connector called the "Lightning Connector"
instead of the old 30 pin connector.  You need an adapter to go from the
lightning connector to the old style 30 pin connector.  These are available
anywhere Apple devices are sold.  The Griffin iMic works fine with the
adapter.

Todd

I think someone meant the new Apple "Thunderbolt" connection that is used
for high-speed video.

On May 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Richard Gillingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The one I have uses a USB connector.  Not sure what a Lightening connector
> looks like.
> 73
> Gil, W1RG
>
>> Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:07:09 -0400
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [Elecraft] Griffin Imic used...
>>
>> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it
>> have
>> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the
>> lightening
>> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
>> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good
>> memories
>> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Jeff Ellis
Apple makes a lighting version of the camera connector kit. I am using that. It plugs right in and gives you a short cable to connect the iMic to. It should be nicer then using the 30pin adapter plus a camera kit. It is also cheeper to not buy the adapter. If you already own the 30pin camera kit buy the Apple made adapter, if not just get the new version of the kit.

FYI I have tried a 3rd party lighting to 30pin adapter and it worked for syncing and charging but not accessories like the camera kit so don't go that way.

Jeff, K7GDE

On May 23, 2013, at 6:07 AM, Rick Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it have
> the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the lightening
> connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
> KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good memories
> or cameras.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Rick Robinson
Really I do not need the 30 pin anything. My IPad is the 4th gen with the
lightning connector.Just a way to get the Griffins male USB connector to
the Apple lightining connector. It looks like the new lightning camera
adaptor cable will work. It is a lightning male with a USB female. Seems to
do the same functions as the 30 pin camera adapter that many have
mentioned. I thank all for the video references and other info. So far it
appears no one has used the new lightning connector style IPad. I will test
the waters and see how this works.

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Rick Robinson
Posts must have crossed. Thanks for the reply. Good to know it works. I'll
start ordering.

On Thursday, May 23, 2013, Jeff Ellis wrote:

> Apple makes a lighting version of the camera connector kit. I am using
> that. It plugs right in and gives you a short cable to connect the iMic to.
> It should be nicer then using the 30pin adapter plus a camera kit. It is
> also cheeper to not buy the adapter. If you already own the 30pin camera
> kit buy the Apple made adapter, if not just get the new version of the kit.
>
> FYI I have tried a 3rd party lighting to 30pin adapter and it worked for
> syncing and charging but not accessories like the camera kit so don't go
> that way.
>
> Jeff, K7GDE
>
> On May 23, 2013, at 6:07 AM, Rick Robinson <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > At Dayton exhibit. I'm trying to remember some things about it.,did it
> have
> > the lightening connector? I have the newer model I Pad with the
> lightening
> > connector and I want to be sure to get the right device to go between my
> > KX3 and the I pad. How was it connected? Thanks to those with good
> memories
> > or cameras.
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email] <javascript:;>

Re: Griffin Imic used...

Jeff Ellis
I have been using the Apple lightning camera adapter and iMic working no problem with my iPad Mini and iSDR

Jeff, K7GDE