Heil HM-12 Settings for the K3

pastormg
Just a simple question. Does anyone know the microphone settings that I could use for a Heil HM-12 on a K3? Also, is there a way that I can listen to my audio while transmitting with no power? Thanks for all your help!!  Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Re: Heil HM-12 Settings for the K3

Jay Kobelin
For the listening to audio, just hold the MODE  to TEST for a second and the
K3 will go to TX TEST. When done do the same thing and the K3 returns to TX
NORM

Jay

> Just a simple question. Does anyone know the microphone settings that I
> could use for a Heil HM-12 on a K3? Also, is there a way that I can listen
> to my audio while transmitting with no power? Thanks for all your help!!
> Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Re: Heil HM-12 Settings for the K3

Mark,

Use the instructions in the manual for setting the proper mic gain settings.
With Compression set to zero, adjust the mic gain for 5 to 7 bars on the
ALC meter.  You can do that in TX TEST so you don't bother other hams
during your testing.

There are 2 ranges for the mic gain in the K3, and since most Heil
microphones have low output levels, you will most likely need to use the
"H" range.

You can monitor your audio using the K3 MONitor function - use
headphones to avoid acoustical feedback.  The monitor is a good tool for
adjusting your desired compression level and the TX EQ settings. Again,
use TX TEST for your adjustments to keep your RF off the bands during
your testing.