Heil Proset

ve3gfn
Using the K3, has anyone else had problems with the Heil Proset
supplied by Elecraft (model iC) as to audio feedback on VOX, very
sensitive controls of VOX gain and Mic gain, etc. etc?

These problems can be masked as RFI, but adding toroids on the cable
has little effect. No other microphones seem to have these problems.

I've wrestled with this for 6 years, and finally decided to beat it.
I had the same problems on my Kenwood TS590, with this headset.

I have the solution.  Email directly to [hidden email], if you
wish, as I don't receive email from the Elecraft reflector.

73 Mike VE3GFN

Re: Heil Proset

Clive Lorton
On 17/09/2014 22:41, Mike Goldstein wrote:
> Using the K3, has anyone else had problems with the Heil Proset
> supplied by Elecraft (model iC) as to audio feedback on VOX, very
> sensitive controls of VOX gain and Mic gain, etc. etc?
Hi Mike,
I use a Heil Proset IC (not Elecraft) without the problem you describe.
My K3 settings are:
Mic Sel - RP.L bias and Mic+Lin off.

I did have a problem with the rear Mic socket but that seems to be
sorted with the help of the fantastic Elecraft support.

73 Clive G8POC
K3 8098

Re: Heil Proset

Elecraft mailing list

 Had the Proset IC from an Icom rig pre K3. Feed the mic in the rear with no problems. During non contest season, use a Heil Elecraft desk mike (these didn't seem to last long, but does a good job) into the front mic connector. Just switch the menu selection from front to rear to go between them.

73, W3OU Steve