In case you missed it.

Dan Baker
This is good.
https://youtu.be/kiuO0ddcJFQ

--
KM6CQ
Dan Baker

Re: In case you missed it.

Mike Morrow-3
Ron, you had more courage than I did to open a link in a posting that looked like 100-percent spam...or much worse.  Such a posting with a link so vaguely and suspiciously described is high school kid stuff.

I looked to see what you were addressing.  The excerpt with faux subtitles is from the 2004 German film "Der Untergang" ("Downfall" in English), a most excellently-made historical film.  But it has long been a banal cliche to use this excerpt with many different allegedly humorous but always sophomoric subtitles.

So...note to list members...the link in the original posting takes you to an "angry Hitler" rant from "Der Untergang" that is subtitled to have the KX3 and QRP as its subject.  Ha Ha.

Mike / KK5F

Re: In case you missed it.

M0XDF
Yes, personally, I find it (them) very funny. There is another one about DX and QSL cards (but not in a position to find it at present).

-73 de M0XDF (from my iPhone)

> On 26 May 2016, at 07:31, Mike Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ron, you had more courage than I did to open a link in a posting that looked like 100-percent spam...or much worse.  Such a posting with a link so vaguely and suspiciously described is high school kid stuff.
>
> I looked to see what you were addressing.  The excerpt with faux subtitles is from the 2004 German film "Der Untergang" ("Downfall" in English), a most excellently-made historical film.  But it has long been a banal cliche to use this excerpt with many different allegedly humorous but always sophomoric subtitles.
>
> So...note to list members...the link in the original posting takes you to an "angry Hitler" rant from "Der Untergang" that is subtitled to have the KX3 and QRP as its subject.  Ha Ha.
>
> Mike / KK5F

Re: In case you missed it.

David Cutter
I was recently infected by a bad dose of ransomwear.  I don't know it's
source but it could easily have been something I incautiously opened - I
don't think so, but..  I tell my friends to always use the BCC function and
if they don't I won't open their male anymore.  I didn't open that link just
in case.  Big message - do frequent back-ups *and disconnect your back-up
drive*.

David
G3UNA

> Ron, you had more courage than I did to open a link in a posting that
> looked like 100-percent spam...or much worse.  Such a posting with a link
> so vaguely and suspiciously described is high school kid stuff.
>
> I looked to see what you were addressing.  The excerpt with faux subtitles
> is from the 2004 German film "Der Untergang" ("Downfall" in English), a
> most excellently-made historical film.  But it has long been a banal
> cliche to use this excerpt with many different allegedly humorous but
> always sophomoric subtitles.
>
> So...note to list members...the link in the original posting takes you to
> an "angry Hitler" rant from "Der Untergang" that is subtitled to have the
> KX3 and QRP as its subject.  Ha Ha.
>
> Mike / KK5F

Re: In case you missed it.

Michael Walker
I open links I am concerned about on one of tablets as things are very
 well sandboxed.

But, not clicking is never a bad practice.

Mike va3mw

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Ron D'Eau Claire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Never click on an unknown hyperlink. In this case I copied it and searched
> youtube for it manually.
>
> 73, Ron AC7AC

Re: In case you missed it.

Now if we can just get someone to do a new video that's based on that scene in "Contact" where Jodie Foster first hears a KX2 on the air! (Ooops, I mean extraterrestrial radio signals :)

Wayne

On May 25, 2016, at 8:45 PM, Dan Baker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is good.
> https://youtu.be/kiuO0ddcJFQ
>
> --
> KM6CQ
> Dan Baker

Re: In case you missed it.

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT
On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, David Cutter wrote:
> I was recently infected by a bad dose of ransomwear. I don't know it's
> source but it could easily have been something I incautiously opened -
> I don't think so, but..

... but, as an internet professional, I can't remember the last time I
saw a true, self-propagating virus.  It may have been SQL Slammer in 2003.

Since then, it's been all trojan horses.  Remember what the Greeks did
to the City of Troy some 3,000 years ago.

The easiest way to protect yourself is to simply read.  If the message
doesn't address you by name, if you don't know the sender, if the
writing doesn't match the senders' usual style, ask them before you open
the link or attachment.  If you read carefully there is always something
wrong with the message.

73 -- Lynn