Interfacing KX3 with computer to run HDSDR

Interfacing KX3 with computer to run HDSDR

Terry
Hello,

I am a new owner of a KX3.  I have  been trying to figure out how to
interface the KX3 to my computer and get HDSDR to play correctly.  I see a
lot of references to Omni-Rig.  Why is that needed and what is its purpose?
I would appreciate any help I could get from someone running HDSDR and
controlling their KX3.

Thanks,

Terry, N7TB

Re: Interfacing KX3 with computer to run HDSDR

GM4JJJ
Have you seen this article?

http://hdsdr.de/Elecraft-KX3_with_HDSDR.pdf

The Omni-rig allows the HDSDR to change the frequency and or mode of the KX3 and vice versa. It uses a com port to do that, so you can use the USB to serial adapted that Elecraft supply.

73 from David GM4JJJ