K, KX radio's and DTMF tones

Ken G Kopp
For what seemingly is a relatively small number of FM users, DTMF tones are
easily achieved with a DTMF pad-equipped microphone, and that would seem to
be much better than complicating the already "busy" push-button operation.

I'm probably missing something .....

Re: [KX3] K, KX radio's and DTMF tones

The KX3 already supports DTMF (see owner's manual). It's on the wish-list for the K3/K3S.

On Jun 1, 2016, at 1:54 PM, "Ken G Kopp [hidden email] [KX3]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For what seemingly is a relatively small number of FM users, DTMF tones are easily achieved with a DTMF pad-equipped microphone, and that would seem to be much better than complicating the already "busy" push-button operation.
>
> I'm probably missing something .....
>
> 73
>

> __._,_.___
> Posted by: Ken G Kopp <[hidden email]>
> Reply via web post                       • Reply to sender                       • Reply to group                       • Start a New Topic           • Messages in this topic (1)
>
> Have you tried the highest rated email app?
> With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
> VISIT YOUR GROUP
> • New Members 96
>
> • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
> .
>

> __,_._,___

Re: [KX3] K, KX radio's and DTMF tones

David Pratt
Thank you, Wayne; I am pleased to hear that.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> writes

--
 + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

On 6/1/2016 11:37 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
 > The KX3 already supports DTMF (see owner's manual). It's on the
 > wish-list for the K3/K3S.

Please make it optional with a default of *off*.  We don't need to
heard DTMF tones as people blindly push buttons while transmitting
thinking they are presetting functions for the return to receive.

On 6/1/2016 11:37 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> The KX3 already supports DTMF (see owner's manual). It's on the wish-list for the K3/K3S.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

Re: [KX3] K, KX radio's and DTMF tones

It's been in the firmware since the late Cretaceous with zero complaints that I know of....