[K-line] New Macbook vs K-line control/data

[K-line] New Macbook vs K-line control/data

Don Putnick-6
Just curious if any of you Macbook owners have thought ahead about how to
control all of your K-line equipment via the new Macbook's single USB-C
port? I'm due for a new laptop later this year. 73 Don NA6Z

Re: [K-line] New Macbook vs K-line control/data

Nate Burr
i have a K3 with serial connections for communication. it works fine for me. I also use the SignalLink for audio since the macbook doesn’t have audio in. This isn’t an issue if you have the K3S.

-nate

> On May 6, 2016, at 2:28 PM, Don Putnick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just curious if any of you Macbook owners have thought ahead about how to
> control all of your K-line equipment via the new Macbook's single USB-C
> port? I'm due for a new laptop later this year. 73 Don NA6Z

Re: [K-line] New Macbook vs K-line control/data

Bill Frantz
I keep all of my home USB equipment on one hub and just plug it
in when I'm home. Currently the hub is a 7 port which connects
the K3/P3, a real mouse, a real keyboard, a backup disk drive,
and a cord for my iPhone. I have a cord for the KX3, which isn't
usually out of its case.

The only problem is that sometimes when the power to the hub
drops, the MacBook USB port locks up and won't work again until
I reboot.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 5/6/16 at 1:28 PM, [hidden email] (Don Putnick) wrote:

>Just curious if any of you Macbook owners have thought ahead about how to
>control all of your K-line equipment via the new Macbook's single USB-C
>port? I'm due for a new laptop later this year. 73 Don NA6Z

Re: [K-line] New Macbook vs K-line control/data

Mike Reublin NF4L
My MacBook is down to one USB port. I use a Plugable powered 10 port expander. No problems.

73, Mike NF4L