K2 Can't hear the side tone but it is working!

K2 Can't hear the side tone but it is working!

w0iit
I have managed somehow to silence my side tone.  I can't hear it but the interior keyer is working just fine(can hear it on another rcvr).  I have gone into the menu and set the "ST L" and the "ST P" but get nothing.

I have looked and looked to try to see what I have done.  Even the message memories work fine.

Worse part is that I think I did this once before and finally figured it out but not this time:-(

tnx in adv!!!!!

73, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS

Re: K2 Can't hear the side tone but it is working!

Tom McCulloch
Do you need to be in TEST mode to change the sidetone levels???

Did you change the pitch?  If so try to calibrate the BFO...just a thought.

Tom
wb2qdg
k2 1103

On 1/31/2013 9:56 PM, w0iit wrote:

> I have managed somehow to silence my side tone.  I can't hear it but the
> interior keyer is working just fine(can hear it on another rcvr).  I have
> gone into the menu and set the "ST L" and the "ST P" but get nothing.
>
> I have looked and looked to try to see what I have done.  Even the message
> memories work fine.
>
> Worse part is that I think I did this once before and finally figured it out
> but not this time:-(
>
> tnx in adv!!!!!
>
> 73, Bart W0IIT
> Pittsburg, KS

Re: K2 Can't hear the side tone but it is working!

Andrew Moore-3
There's a menu setting somewhere in there that determines the source for
the sidetone. You probably inadvertently changed it from U8-4 to U6-25, or
vice versa. Go into the menu settings and try setting it to whichever the
other one is.

Don't ask me how I know :)

73,
--Andrew, NV1B
..

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM, w0iit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have managed somehow to silence my side tone.  I can't hear it but the
> interior keyer is working just fine(can hear it on another rcvr).  I have
> gone into the menu and set the "ST L" and the "ST P" but get nothing.
>
> I have looked and looked to try to see what I have done.  Even the message
> memories work fine.
>
> Worse part is that I think I did this once before and finally figured it
> out
> but not this time:-(
>
> tnx in adv!!!!!
>
> 73, Bart W0IIT
> Pittsburg, KS

Re: K2 Can't hear the side tone but it is working!

Tom McCulloch
Good memory Andy -- I've done that and yep that's the solution,

It looks like it's on ST L and Tone Source is selectable.  The U8-4 is
if you have the KI02 installed and the U6-25 if you don't  (I think)

Tom
wb2qdg