K2 mic

MyFord@nc.rr.com
I very recently purchased a K2 for my XYL.  It comes with a handful of internal options but no mic.  What kind of mic do you use and do you recommend it?  She does not want a head set.  Her old HF is a Yaesu FT-840 and it has a very nice desk mic, which she has enjoyed using for just over 22 years.

73,
Steve
KI4EZL

Re: K2 mic

Don Wilhelm-4
Steve,

The K2 can be configured to use several different microphones.
You will have to examine the microphone configuration header on the back
of the front panel to determine which microphone that K2 is set up to
use.  See the KSB2 manual for how it can be wired for the various
microphones.

You may wish to rewire the microphone configuration header so she can
use that Yaesu microphone.

If you do not know how to open the K2 and remove the front panel, you
can use my instructions intended for gaining access to the headphone
jack at http://www.qsl.net/wy3a/Replace_K2_Headphone_Jack.htm - you
don't have to replace the jack, but the instructions for disassembling
the K2 are the same.