K2 rework eliminators - mic board

K8AC
I just acquired a K2 again after years without one and wanted to order
one of the mic option boards from unpcbs.com.  That particular board is
no longer available, but the website seems to indicate that there might
be a future run of the board.  Unfortunately, there's no contact info at
the site so can't communicate my interest to them. Anyone have any
information on a new board or know how to contact the owners?

73, Floyd - K8AC

Re: K2 rework eliminators - mic board

Gary Marklund-2
Floyd,

I just did some snooping around their site and found this under "contact
us",  http://www.unpcbs.com/us/#contact.

Hope you find one. I built my K2 with both the unpcbs Rework Eliminator and
the IMA. Makes life a lot easier.

Gary

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Floyd Sense <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just acquired a K2 again after years without one and wanted to order one
> of the mic option boards from unpcbs.com.  That particular board is no
> longer available, but the website seems to indicate that there might be a
> future run of the board.  Unfortunately, there's no contact info at the
> site so can't communicate my interest to them. Anyone have any information
> on a new board or know how to contact the owners?
>
> 73, Floyd - K8AC

Re: K2 rework eliminators - mic board

Don Wilhelm-4
Unless you have a variety of microphones from various transceiver
manufacturers *and* like to swap microphones often, I don't see much
sense in the IMA.  Just wire the K2 microphone jack for the Elecraft
configuration and re-wire the microphone plugs for that pinout.

OTOH, if you still have transceivers that use those microphones and
cannot easily re-wire the mic plugs, then the IMA makes sense if you
want to swap the mics around.
Most hams pick one microphone and use it with the K2, so there is
normally no need to swap the IMA connections - just wire the normal K2
microphone configuration for the chosen microphone.

On 7/26/2015 11:23 AM, Gary Marklund wrote:
> Floyd,
>
> I just did some snooping around their site and found this under "contact
> us",  http://www.unpcbs.com/us/#contact.
>
> Hope you find one. I built my K2 with both the unpcbs Rework Eliminator and
> the IMA. Makes life a lot easier.

Re: K2 rework eliminators - mic board

Sverre Holm (LA3ZA)
It is also quite easy to make a reconfigurable microphone header yourself for the K2. Go to http://la3za.blogspot.no/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2_28.html#KSB2 and search for 'microphone header' for ideas.

Sverre, LA3ZA

K2 #2198, K3 #3391,
LA3ZA Blog: http://la3za.blogspot.com,
LA3ZA Unofficial Guide to K2 modifications: http://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html