K3: Data A Mode on 6M

Jim Bennett
I've been using WSJT-X for JT65 and JT9 on the HF bands for several months with my K3, along with cocoaModem for PSK31. All three modes were set up with the rig in Data A mode and everything worked fine. I'd like to try JT65 on six meters but I'm seeing a different display on the K3 - it was always going into REV when I set it to DATA A. I can switch it out of REV mode easily enough but I'm wondering why it defaulted to that? I have seldom operated on this band and did not intentionally set it to REV. How is is supposed to be set up for normal DATA A on six meters?

Thanks, Jim / W6JHB

Re: K3: Data A Mode on 6M

Jim,

The K3 uses up-conversion 6 m, which inverts the sidebands. It should stay in NORM data mode on 6 meters once you've un-reversed it using the ALT switch.

73 Wayne
Six

----
http://www.elecraft.com

> On Jun 26, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Jim Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been using WSJT-X for JT65 and JT9 on the HF bands for several months with my K3, along with cocoaModem for PSK31. All three modes were set up with the rig in Data A mode and everything worked fine. I'd like to try JT65 on six meters but I'm seeing a different display on the K3 - it was always going into REV when I set it to DATA A. I can switch it out of REV mode easily enough but I'm wondering why it defaulted to that? I have seldom operated on this band and did not intentionally set it to REV. How is is supposed to be set up for normal DATA A on six meters?
>
> Thanks, Jim / W6JHB

Re: K3: Data A Mode on 6M

Jim Bennett
Yes - I reversed it and it does stay in normal mode.

Thanks Wayne!