Quantcast

K3-EZ Software

k0wa@swbell.net

While exploring the Elecraft site, I discovered K3-EZ Software by Bill Coleman.  See it at:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~n2bc/SW.htm

Now, I have no vested interest in the program, but I found it to be quite useful and highly recommend it.  I spend some time adjusting the RX equalizer and found that it is quite effective to my hearing loss.  It is quite amazing how you can bring up the highs and cut out the lows.  I have yet to deal with the TX equalizer.  The program seems to give me all the information about the K3 I need and allows me to make changes without digging through the menus.  Also, it will allow you to load the memories.  Other programs are good too, but it seems that Bill's program goes into the depth of the rig more than others.

One thing I would recommend to the user is to use a high baud rate than 4800.  The program goes out and changes settings and at 4800 baud it can be quite slow.

Let me also say, I have about three or four programs on my computer which talks with the K3 and they are all good...Bill's seems to go (as I said) into the "soul" of the K3

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply. If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it. If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense. Is Common Sense divine?

Re: K3-EZ Software

Stewart Baker
Does it for me as well.
A very useful program.

Stewart G3RXQ
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 06:18:36 -0800 (PST), Lee Buller wrote:
> While exploring the Elecraft site, I discovered K3-EZ Software
by Bill Coleman.  See it at:

> http://home.roadrunner.com/~n2bc/SW.htm
>
> Now, I have no vested interest in the program, but I found it to
be quite useful and highly recommend it.  I spend some time
adjusting the RX equalizer and found that it is quite effective to
my hearing loss.  It is quite amazing how you can bring up the
highs and cut out the lows.  I have yet to deal with the TX
equalizer.  The program seems to give me all the information about
the K3 I need and allows me to make changes without digging
through the menus.  Also, it will allow you to load the memories.
Other programs are good too, but it seems that Bill's program goes
into the depth of the rig more than others.

> One thing I would recommend to the user is to use a high baud
rate than 4800.  The program goes out and changes settings and at
4800 baud it can be quite slow.

> Let me also say, I have about three or four programs on my
computer which talks with the K3 and they are all good...Bill's
seems to go (as I said) into the "soul" of the K3

> Lee - K0WA
>

> In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short
supply. If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense
and use it. If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from
somebody who has some Common Sense. Is Common Sense divine?

Re: K3-EZ Software

Lennart Michaëlsson
.. yes, only problem for some people might be that .net Framework 2.0 does
not support Windows Vista 64 bit according to Windows web page.
73
Len
SM7BIC)