[K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

M0XDF
Continuing on this thread, I understand to make the K3DSPUPGD  mod oneself is very hard. I can make the K3DSPLPF  mod with no problem. Do people think the K3DSPUPGD would be of benefit to my failing 56 year old ears?
Just how much does better response below 300 Hz help?

---------------
Since I'm having the P3 shipped, I might as well have some other outstanding mods shipped too.

I've read the instructions for K3DSPLPF and don't think I'd have any trouble making that mod.

I'd like some advice from those that have done or considered it, is it worth getting the K3DSPUPGD instead, does it give me anything that the K3DSPLPF does not?

I also find I have a RXAMDKT, but don't see that on the web site - what is that mod?

73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
It is almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without
singeing somebody's beard. -George Christopher Lichtenberg, scientist and

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

GM0ELP
I ordered a K3DSPUPGD on 1/1/10 and still haven't received anything. Do not believe the quoted 4-5 week lead time estimate on the website. A very unsatisfactory situation!

Doug GM0ELP

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

DC1RS
Got my Oder Confirmation on 05/01/10, nothing since...

73 de Roland, DC1RS
K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-400, KAT3, KXV3A, LP-Pan

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

Guy, K2AV
The upgrade program delays seem to stem from delays in the exchange
board return from customers.  Probably from not being able to install
the new board immediately.

Those who have sent their own board to Elecraft in advance for a
direct exchange have received swift service. Apparently modified
directly and returned the same board, upgraded. This is the tack I am
going to take.

73, Guy.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM, DC1RS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got my Oder Confirmation on 05/01/10, nothing since...
>
> 73 de Roland, DC1RS
>
> -----
> K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-400,
> KAT3, KXV3A

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

N2TK
The turn around time when I sent my board in for the upgrade was 7 days
using USPS Priority Mail.

N2TK, Tony

The upgrade program delays seem to stem from delays in the exchange
board return from customers.  Probably from not being able to install
the new board immediately.

Those who have sent their own board to Elecraft in advance for a
direct exchange have received swift service. Apparently modified
directly and returned the same board, upgraded. This is the tack I am
going to take.

73, Guy.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM, DC1RS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got my Oder Confirmation on 05/01/10, nothing since...
>
> 73 de Roland, DC1RS
>
> -----
> K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K,
KFL3A-400,
> KAT3, KXV3A

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

Larry - K2GN
I got tried waiting for theexchange.
Guys were not returning their voards fast enough.
Pulled mine mailed it Thursday, got it back this past Wednesday.
Priority mail both ways.
They turned it around the day they got it.
Hard to beat that service!!!!

de K2GN - Larry
K3 S/N - 3278
P3 ordered

The turn around time when I sent my board in for the upgrade was 7 days
using USPS Priority Mail.

N2TK, Tony

The upgrade program delays seem to stem from delays in the exchange board
return from customers.  Probably from not being able to install the new
board immediately.

Those who have sent their own board to Elecraft in advance for a direct
exchange have received swift service. Apparently modified directly and
returned the same board, upgraded. This is the tack I am going to take.

73, Guy.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM, DC1RS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got my Oder Confirmation on 05/01/10, nothing since...
>
> 73 de Roland, DC1RS
>
> -----
> K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K,
KFL3A-400,
> KAT3, KXV3A

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

Brett Howard
Not to mention gentelmen... If you took good ESD precaution why not try
to hold onto your own board rather than risking getting one from someone
who was less careful...

~Brett

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 16:55 -0400, Larry - K2GN wrote:

> I got tried waiting for theexchange.
> Guys were not returning their voards fast enough.
> Pulled mine mailed it Thursday, got it back this past Wednesday.
> Priority mail both ways.
> They turned it around the day they got it.
> Hard to beat that service!!!!
>
> de K2GN - Larry
> K3 S/N - 3278
> P3 ordered

Sending it in is no option for me. It would take about 4-5 weeks only for the shipping from Europe to US and back. I don't have a backup radio, so this could cause serious withdrawal symptoms ;)
So I will continue waiting patiently.

73 de Roland, DC1RS
K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-400, KAT3, KXV3A, LP-Pan

Re: [K3] K3DSPUPGD or K3DSPLPF

M0XDF
Elecraft will allow for long shipping delays from EUrope to US and at a slow transit speed.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174

The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992)