K3/K3S firmware with several new features & fixes ready; looking for testers

K3/K3S firmware with several new features & fixes ready; looking for testers

Hi all,

We're close to a field-test K3/K3S firmware release with the following new features:

   * Preamp 2 (LNA) now usable on 15 and 17 meters (provides significant NF improvement)

   * TX monitor level at LINE OUT adjustable

   * Two new remote control commands:  VX SET (VOX on/off) and AR (RX ANT on/off)

...and some bug fixes:

   * K-POD tap/hold functions can be used to play/chain/repeat message buffers

   * Transmit start/stop via PTT or XMIT switch removes QSK or VOX delay, even if VOX mode was selected

   * AM-sync mode no longer interacts incorrectly with memory store/recall

We have some testers already identified, but could use a few more. Please email me directly (wayne at elecraft dot com) if you'll be available to test most or all of the above functions in the next day or two.

Thanks--

Re: K3/K3S firmware with several new features & fixes ready; looking for testers

ab2tc
Hi Wayne,

Does this new release correct the S-meter reading in absolute mode when preamp 2 is selected?

AB2TC - Knut

wayne burdick wrote
Hi all,

We're close to a field-test K3/K3S firmware release with the following new features:

   * Preamp 2 (LNA) now usable on 15 and 17 meters (provides significant NF improvement)

   * TX monitor level at LINE OUT adjustable

   * Two new remote control commands:  VX SET (VOX on/off) and AR (RX ANT on/off)

...and some bug fixes:

   * K-POD tap/hold functions can be used to play/chain/repeat message buffers

   * Transmit start/stop via PTT or XMIT switch removes QSK or VOX delay, even if VOX mode was selected

   * AM-sync mode no longer interacts incorrectly with memory store/recall

We have some testers already identified, but could use a few more. Please email me directly (wayne at elecraft dot com) if you'll be available to test most or all of the above functions in the next day or two.

Thanks--

<snip>

Re: K3/K3S firmware with several new features & fixes ready; looking for testers

Stephen G4SJP
And on a similar note, I'm still looking forward to an absolute S meter
mode on both the KX2 and KX3!

73 Stephen, G4SJP