K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill W
I noticed recently that I lost the ability to use CW while in SSB mode which I use sometimes to tune external amp w/o hitting all kinds of switches. I checked the "CW WGHT" configuration menu and it shows "CW+SSB."  I have the latest firmware update. Any ideas what I might have missed?
Thanks,
Bill - W0BBI

Re: K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Don Wilhelm-4
Bill,

Turn off QRQ mode - Config menu CW QRQ.

It should work.

On 10/27/2013 11:11 AM, Bill Wiehe wrote:
> I noticed recently that I lost the ability to use CW while in SSB mode which I use sometimes to tune external amp w/o hitting all kinds of switches. I checked the "CW WGHT" configuration menu and it shows "CW+SSB."  I have the latest firmware update. Any ideas what I might have missed?
> Thanks,
> Bill - W0BBI

KAT500 ability to...

alsopb
Can be bypass mode be programmed into the KAT-500 on a segment basis?

I would only need the KAT-500 for the upper parts of the phone bands.

Rather than having to remember to turn off/on the KAT-500 when moving
up/down, I'd rather have it automatically "remember".  Ditto bypassing
itself automatically in CW segments.

73 de Brian/K3KO

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: KAT500 ability to...

Dick Dievendorff-4
Bypass is a tuning solution that can be remembered by by frequency bin. Just tune up at the bottom end of the band. The ATU tries bypassed as it's first test, and if the SWR is good enough! it remembers to bypass at that frequency. You can see the tuning solution on the Operate page of the KAT500 Utility.

You can set the Bypass SWR threshold to your desired value.  I think it defaults to 1.2, but you can change that per band.

Dick, K6KR

> On Oct 27, 2013, at 9:21, Brian Alsop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can be bypass mode be programmed into the KAT-500 on a segment basis?
>
> I would only need the KAT-500 for the upper parts of the phone bands.
>
> Rather than having to remember to turn off/on the KAT-500 when moving up/down, I'd rather have it automatically "remember".  Ditto bypassing itself automatically in CW segments.
>
> 73 de Brian/K3KO
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

Re: K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill Frantz
Whenever I find CW not working for me, the cause is failure to
have VOX turned on. I always run voice modes with VOX off
because my shack is sometimes noisy. I run data with VOX on, and
need to run CW with VOX on for full break in.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV