K3 - PSK31 Data Mode

Elecraft mailing list
  Since we are talking about the data modes. W1AW/4 was on 15m PSK31 this morning. Nice signal here in MN. I had good copy and was on his freq using 31 bps PSK D and I called and called. Much of the time no other callers. I called maybe 20min and gave up. I came back maybe 35min later called a couple times .. no answer. SO I went to USB, loaded Multi PSK .... bang one call QSO.

  I see when I am in Data PSK mode the K3 shows USB ... if I go to ALT it shows LSB and REV, so looks good to me.

  Any experience out there that might have some guesses as to what was going on? Just seemed odd.

73  Bill  K0AWU

Re: K3 - PSK31 Data Mode

KC6CNN
Bill can you give us a little more derails? Such as comouter, software,
soundcard, etc.
Thanks
Gerald - KC6CNN
On Jul 16, 2014 10:58 AM, "Bill Davis via Elecraft" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Since we are talking about the data modes. W1AW/4 was on 15m PSK31 this
> morning. Nice signal here in MN. I had good copy and was on his freq using
> 31 bps PSK D and I called and called. Much of the time no other callers. I
> called maybe 20min and gave up. I came back maybe 35min later called a
> couple times .. no answer. SO I went to USB, loaded Multi PSK .... bang one
> call QSO.
>

>   I see when I am in Data PSK mode the K3 shows USB ... if I go to ALT it
> shows LSB and REV, so looks good to me.
>

>   Any experience out there that might have some guesses as to what was
> going on? Just seemed odd.
>
> 73  Bill  K0AWU

KC6CNN - Gerald
K3 # 6294