K3: PTT IN problem - cont'd...

K3: PTT IN problem - cont'd... – Hello Again, Well, the PTT IN problem persists. I can confirm that the K3 is not in TEST mode and that the VOX/PTT parameter is definitely ...
Re: K3: PTT IN problem - cont'd... – Hi, John, As far as I can tell from the schematic, the PTT_IN jack and the ACC jack pin 4 are a wire-to-wire connection at Q3 on the KIO3 boar...
On 4/11/2012 8:58 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote: > Hi, John, > > As far as I can tell from the schematic, the PTT_IN jack and the ACC...
Thanks Joe & Guy. I've had a look at the schematic and that makes sense. I'll have a look for the 5V on the PTT IN connector and if it's mis...
Re: K3: PTT IN problem - cause found...Joe picked it... – Thanks Joe - you picked it in one! No voltage on PTT IN. RFC1 on the RF board has failed open (9 M Ohm on my meter) and bypassing it restores t...
Having recently done my first SMD board, I'd like to add one tip that made it easier for me. Instead of tinning both pads, I tinned only one. The...
I am fairly new to SMD soldering and rework. I found these tutorials which may help you remove and install that RFC. The first of four is lo...
Re: K3: PTT IN problem - cause found...Thanks from VK7JB – A note of thanks to everyone who offered me helpful advice and tips, on and off-list. Elecraft are sending me some replacement RFC1's and I feel ...
Hi all looking for a second hand P3 and used 10watt k3 73 tony G0GMS -----Original Message----- From: elecraft-bounces@... [mailto:...
Tony Can I suggest that you might have a better response if you start your own message with a suitable header, instead of tagging on to an unr...
John, To add to Ron's advice, If you use tweezers to hold the part, do not use the type known as Locking Tweezers. These are guaranteed to la...
John, Due to your time differences, I would suggest emailing support@.... 73, Don W3FPR On 4/11/2012 8:07 PM, VK7JB wrote: > Hello...