[K3] RTTY baud rate reverts to 75

Randy Moore
I have been playing with RTTY a bit lately (novice) using the K3's
decode/readout and sending with my paddle.  It works great for casual
QSOs and quick DXing.  But I've noticed that the baud rate reverts to 75
(from 45) frequently.  I am using DXLab and frequently click on spots
there, but that doesn't seem to be the culprit.  It seems to happen when
I've changed bands and/or have power-cycled the K3.  I'm using FSK D
mode, and I'm not using any other digital modes right now.  What's up
with that?

73,
Randy, KS4L

Re: [K3] RTTY baud rate reverts to 75

Rick Prather-3
Randy,

I think you will find it is a per band setting.  So, once you set it to 45
it should be the same when you come back to that band.

Rick
K6LE

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been playing with RTTY a bit lately (novice) using the K3's
> decode/readout and sending with my paddle.  It works great for casual QSOs
> and quick DXing.  But I've noticed that the baud rate reverts to 75 (from
> 45) frequently.  I am using DXLab and frequently click on spots there, but
> that doesn't seem to be the culprit.  It seems to happen when I've changed
> bands and/or have power-cycled the K3.  I'm using FSK D mode, and I'm not
> using any other digital modes right now.  What's up with that?
>
> 73,
> Randy, KS4L

Re: [K3] RTTY baud rate reverts to 75

Randy Moore
Last night I returned to 20m RTTY for the first time in several days and the baud rate had reverted to 75 bps.  I am certain it was 45 the last time I was there. ???

73,
Randy, KS4L

> On Oct 23, 2013, at 6:42 PM, Rick Prather <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Randy,
>
> I think you will find it is a per band setting.  So, once you set it to 45
> it should be the same when you come back to that band.
>
> Rick
> K6LE
>

>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have been playing with RTTY a bit lately (novice) using the K3's
>> decode/readout and sending with my paddle.  It works great for casual QSOs
>> and quick DXing.  But I've noticed that the baud rate reverts to 75 (from
>> 45) frequently.  I am using DXLab and frequently click on spots there, but
>> that doesn't seem to be the culprit.  It seems to happen when I've changed
>> bands and/or have power-cycled the K3.  I'm using FSK D mode, and I'm not
>> using any other digital modes right now.  What's up with that?
>>
>> 73,
>> Randy, KS4L

Re: [K3] RTTY baud rate reverts to 75

Mike K2MK
Hi Randy,

Same problem here. I thought I had figured out how to keep it at 45 baud but I was mistaken. It always reverts back to 75. I'm using AFSK so it isn't really a problem but I have the P3 with SVGA option and I normally have the data display turned on. I'd rather see a correct decode instead of gibberish on the external monitor used with the P3.

73,
Mike K2MK

Randy Moore wrote
Last night I returned to 20m RTTY for the first time in several days and the baud rate had reverted to 75 bps.  I am certain it was 45 the last time I was there. ???

73,
Randy, KS4L

> On Oct 23, 2013, at 6:42 PM, Rick Prather <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Randy,
>
> I think you will find it is a per band setting.  So, once you set it to 45
> it should be the same when you come back to that band.
>
> Rick
> K6LE
>

>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have been playing with RTTY a bit lately (novice) using the K3's
>> decode/readout and sending with my paddle.  It works great for casual QSOs
>> and quick DXing.  But I've noticed that the baud rate reverts to 75 (from
>> 45) frequently.  I am using DXLab and frequently click on spots there, but
>> that doesn't seem to be the culprit.  It seems to happen when I've changed
>> bands and/or have power-cycled the K3.  I'm using FSK D mode, and I'm not
>> using any other digital modes right now.  What's up with that?
>>
>> 73,
>> Randy, KS4L

Re: [K3] RTTY baud rate reverts to 75

Mike Harris-9
I use RTTY a lot and have not experienced this.  The 45/75 setting is
remembered per band.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO