K3 - Remote activation of KAT500 via HRD

K3 - Remote activation of KAT500 via HRD

Bill W
Hi All,
I have a question to ask this group as perhaps someone already has the answer. The situation is as follows. I use HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) to run my K line (K3, P3, KPA500, KAT500) remotely once in a while. The “Tune” button on the HRD's simulated "Radio Face" works fine in initiating the tune cycle for the K3 internal ATU. However, when the internal ATU is bypassed, it will not initiate the tune cycle for the KAT500. I am sure what is needed is a code line change in the HRD code sequence for the "Tune” button but I have no idea where to look for the appropriate sequence to use. I think I found where to make the change in HRD.
Any insight would be appreciated.
73,
Bill – W0BBI

Re: K3 - Remote activation of KAT500 via HRD

Rick WA6NHC
The HRD tune button (macro) speaks to the K3 ATU tune function only.  When the Elecraft folks change that to control the KAT500 (it's coming soon in firmware) from the K3 you'll be set.

In the meantime, either leave the KAT500 in auto or use the utility program (or the beta remote program) to control the KAT500.  I use TeamViewer and Skype remotely to control the radio, tuner and amp (via HRD and utility programs).

I made a HRD radio panel CAT command button (X Tun on my display) to put the K3 into Tune mode (same as long press the XMIT button) to remotely tickle the KAT500 into retuning if needed; simpler.  "SWH16" (un)sets the CW tune mode.

73,
Rick wa6nhc

Tiny iPhone 5 keypad, typos are inevitable

> On Jan 16, 2014, at 6:50 AM, Bill W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I have a question to ask this group as perhaps someone already has the
> answer. The situation is as follows. I use HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) to run my
> K line (K3, P3, KPA500, KAT500) remotely once in a while. The “Tune” button
> on the HRD's simulated "Radio Face" works fine in initiating the tune cycle
> for the K3 internal ATU. However, when the internal ATU is bypassed, it will
> not initiate the tune cycle for the KAT500. I am sure what is needed is a
> code line change in the HRD code sequence for the "Tune” button but I have
> no idea where to look for the appropriate sequence to use. I think I found
> where to make the change in HRD.
> Any insight would be appreciated.
> 73,
> Bill – W0BBI

Re: K3 - Remote activation of KAT500 via HRD

Cookie

The best place to look is the HRD forum.  That is where the HRD experts gather.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart

Re: K3 - Remote activation of KAT500 via HRD

Bill W
Thanks all.
Bill - W0BBI