Quantcast

K3 Software

Michael Marx
I was wondering if anyone is aware of any software for adjusting Config and regular menu items on the K3?  Or is anyone developing any?  Also is anyone developing any frig control software for the K3 (rather than general purpose software like HRD or N4PY).  HRD is pretty good, but since being taken over is getting unstable.  Also, it still won't allow adjustment of config menu items.

Also, to chip in my 2 cents worth about an earlier post about a matching high quality power supply my answer is YES, I would be interested in one.

73,
Mike

Michael Marx
[hidden email]

www.vacuumtubes.com
SND Tube Sales
105 N. Division St.
Bonne Terre, MO  63628

Re: K3 Software

KC6CNN
Michael
Are you running the latest version of HRD?
It is stable and getting better.
 On Sep 18, 2012 11:43 AM, "Michael Marx" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone is aware of any software for adjusting Config
> and regular menu items on the K3?  Or is anyone developing any?  Also is
> anyone developing any frig control software for the K3 (rather than general
> purpose software like HRD or N4PY).  HRD is pretty good, but since being
> taken over is getting unstable.  Also, it still won't allow adjustment of
> config menu items.
>
> Also, to chip in my 2 cents worth about an earlier post about a matching
> high quality power supply my answer is YES, I would be interested in one.
>
> 73,
> Mike
>
> Michael Marx
> [hidden email]
>
> www.vacuumtubes.com
> SND Tube Sales
> 105 N. Division St.
> Bonne Terre, MO  63628

KC6CNN - Gerald
K2 # 5486
K3 # 6254
KX3 # 757

Re: K3 Software

Rick Ruhl
That what  was thinking.. even Simon said our latest version of HRD was more
stable than any of our HRD version.

Eric has a K3 on the way to me this week, you'll see LOTS of good stuff for
V6 .

We've only fixed 30,000 minor bugs and 1,000 major bugs.... guess that's not
enough <grin>

A lot of what we can do with HRD is based on the CAT control, if Eric and
company haven't put it in the CAT control, then no software can do it.

Rick - W4PC

http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

Are you running the latest version of HRD?
It is stable and getting better.
 On Sep 18, 2012 11:43 AM, "Michael Marx" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone is aware of any software for adjusting
> Config and regular menu items on the K3?  Or is anyone developing any?
> Also is anyone developing any frig control software for the K3 (rather
> than general purpose software like HRD or N4PY).  HRD is pretty good,
> but since being taken over is getting unstable.  Also, it still won't
> allow adjustment of config menu items.
>
> Also, to chip in my 2 cents worth about an earlier post about a
> matching high quality power supply my answer is YES, I would be interested
in one.

> 73,
> Mike
>
> Michael Marx
> [hidden email]
>
> www.vacuumtubes.com
> SND Tube Sales
> 105 N. Division St.
> Bonne Terre, MO  63628

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: K3 Software

Rick Ruhl

Are you running the latest version of HRD?
It is stable and getting better.
 On Sep 18, 2012 11:43 AM, "Michael Marx" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone is aware of any software for adjusting
> Config and regular menu items on the K3?  Or is anyone developing any?
> Also is anyone developing any frig control software for the K3 (rather
> than general purpose software like HRD or N4PY).  HRD is pretty good,
> but since being taken over is getting unstable.  Also, it still won't
> allow adjustment of config menu items.
>
> Also, to chip in my 2 cents worth about an earlier post about a
> matching high quality power supply my answer is YES, I would be
> interested
in one.

> 73,
> Mike
>
> Michael Marx
> [hidden email]
>
> www.vacuumtubes.com
> SND Tube Sales
> 105 N. Division St.
> Bonne Terre, MO  63628

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: K3 Software

KC6CNN
I have HRD running my K2, K3, and my KX3. I have Windows 7, and XP running
them. Make sure all the settings are correct and this is by far IMHO the
best suite of software for digital modes.
Gerald- KC6CNN
On Sep 18, 2012 12:32 PM, "Rick Ruhl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

K3 # 6254
KX3 # 757

Re: K3 Software

Todd - k1tm
Have you looked at DX Labs Commander?  The macro capabilities let you adjust pretty much anything that can be set in the K3 via software control.  You need to do the customization by developing the macro's, but the end results are very good.  I run the K3/P3 completely from the keyboard and the mouse.  The mouse wheel dials the frequency up and down.  Fkeys are set for frequent operations, and sliders and soft buttons do the rest.  Each macro can have up to 32 steps.  The only bug I have found is that the NR settings won't change using the UPB and DNB commands, but that is a K3 known bug.

73, Todd

Re: K3 Software

Nt5dx
Todd,

Do you have a copy of your K3 macros for DXLABS?

Re: K3 Software

Todd - k1tm
I posted an early version of my controls in the yahoo files section at the request of others, many months ago at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elecraft_K3/files/  So, look for Commander K3.exe

It has a complete commander implementation with macro's and sliders to control the K3 and P3.  The sliders and macro's are interwoven so pressing a control button sometimes changes a slider to give a visual representation.   The files are explained in a pdf posted with the self extracting archive.  You can look at the panel shots (Commander panel shots v.1.pdf ) to get an idea if you would be interested.

It was an early attempt, I have changed things around a lot since, and added other macro buttons.  For instance I have one that allows me to zoom in on a SSB signal and fill the pan display with it without having to settle for the base band starting in the center of the display.

In the end you need to understand how Commander works for creating macro's and what is possible in the K3 command reference to make sense of this, but when you do it opens up all sorts of possibilities beyond simply replicating the front panel or config controls.