K3 Sub receiver

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

K3 Sub receiver

John Lemay
Hello all

I hope this is not a dumb question .......... I have a K3 (not S) which has
the sub receiver and has been updated with the KIO3B.

I have main RX audio available on the USB port.

Can I have the sub RX audio on the USB port - and if so, how is it done ?

Many thanks

John G4ZTR


______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

Sub receiver audio is available on the *RIGHT CHANNEL* of USB Audio
CODEC - just as it is available on the *RING* of the LINE OUT jack
and RING of the headphones jack.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV


On 2/9/2017 8:55 AM, John Lemay wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I hope this is not a dumb question .......... I have a K3 (not S) which has
> the sub receiver and has been updated with the KIO3B.
>
> I have main RX audio available on the USB port.
>
> Can I have the sub RX audio on the USB port - and if so, how is it done ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> John G4ZTR
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

Nr4c
In reply to this post by John Lemay
Wrong question. It's already there. The USB audio is stereo. The main RX is on the left channel and the sub is on the right.

Question is what do you want to do with the sub RX audio?

I.e., for RTTY you'd need to run a separate instance if MMTTY and set input from RTTY channel.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill


> On Feb 9, 2017, at 8:55 AM, John Lemay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all
>
> I hope this is not a dumb question .......... I have a K3 (not S) which has
> the sub receiver and has been updated with the KIO3B.
>
> I have main RX audio available on the USB port.
>
> Can I have the sub RX audio on the USB port - and if so, how is it done ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> John G4ZTR
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

Cady, Fred-2
Maybe not so wrong.  The sub audio is on the right channel of the USB audio but you may have to go into the Windows Sound set up and the USB audio Codec to be a 2, channel, 48000 Hz device.  Windows sometimes sets this to be a single channel device.


Cheers and 73,

Fred KE7X


For all KE7X books, see www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com>



________________________________
From: Elecraft <[hidden email]> on behalf of Nr4c <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:48 AM
To: John Lemay
Cc: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Sub receiver

Wrong question. It's already there. The USB audio is stereo. The main RX is on the left channel and the sub is on the right.

Question is what do you want to do with the sub RX audio?

I.e., for RTTY you'd need to run a separate instance if MMTTY and set input from RTTY channel.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill


> On Feb 9, 2017, at 8:55 AM, John Lemay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all
>
> I hope this is not a dumb question .......... I have a K3 (not S) which has
> the sub receiver and has been updated with the KIO3B.
>
> I have main RX audio available on the USB port.
>
> Can I have the sub RX audio on the USB port - and if so, how is it done ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> John G4ZTR
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

John Lemay
In reply to this post by Nr4c
Bill, Joe and Fred

Thanks for your quick replies. It certainly WAS the correct question to ask.

Fred has put his finger on the problem; my Windows settings had defaulted to
single channel audio. My question turns into "how do I get Spectran to look
at the other channel" but that's not an Elecraft question.

Why am I interested in the audio from the second receiver ? This goes back
to a problem with my K3 which on 28MHz has a large number of receiver
birdies - I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. The situation has been
improved by tightening all the panel screws absolutely as hard as I can. I'm
no weakling but it seems that I was being a bit too cautious. But some
birdies remain, and I noticed that they are at different levels and
different frequencies on the sub. So I was making a careful check and
listing the frequencies and signal level, using Spectran. But so far, only
on the main rx. Hence my question.

John G4ZTR

-----Original Message-----
From: Nr4c [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 18:48
To: John Lemay
Cc: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Sub receiver

Wrong question. It's already there. The USB audio is stereo. The main RX is
on the left channel and the sub is on the right.

Question is what do you want to do with the sub RX audio?

I.e., for RTTY you'd need to run a separate instance if MMTTY and set input
from RTTY channel.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill


> On Feb 9, 2017, at 8:55 AM, John Lemay <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> Hello all
>
> I hope this is not a dumb question .......... I have a K3 (not S)
> which has the sub receiver and has been updated with the KIO3B.
>
> I have main RX audio available on the USB port.
>
> Can I have the sub RX audio on the USB port - and if so, how is it done ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> John G4ZTR
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this email
> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to
> [hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

Bill Frantz
In reply to this post by Nr4c
Being able to easily run both main and sub in RTTY is why I
still use cocoaModem on my Macintosh. (It suffered from serious
incompatibility with a new version of the OS a few versions ago.
I still have a backlevel machine with full functionality.)

It has a dual RTTY mode with two decode windows, one for the
main receiver and one for the sub, like using stereo headphones
for CW of SSB. It is the only program I know of, for any
platform, that does this.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 2/9/17 at 10:48 AM, [hidden email] (Nr4c) wrote:

>Wrong question. It's already there. The USB audio is stereo.
>The main RX is on the left channel and the sub is on the right.
>Question is what do you want to do with the sub RX audio?
>
>I.e., for RTTY you'd need to run a separate instance if MMTTY and set input from RTTY channel.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Frantz        |"Insofar as the propositions of mathematics
refer to
408-356-8506       | reality, they are not certain; and insofar
they are
www.pwpconsult.com | certain, they do not refer to reality.”
-- Einstein

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3 Sub receiver

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

> It has a dual RTTY mode with two decode windows, one for the main
> receiver and one for the sub, like using stereo headphones for CW of
> SSB. It is the only program I know of, for any platform, that does
> this.

MixW has a dual channel decode mode.  N1MM Logger+, and WiteLog will
both open two RTTY decode windows (using two copies of MMTTY), DXLab
Suite will open three RTTY decode Windows (using MMTTY, 2Tone and the
K3 Decoder or a hardware TU) which can be assigned to either receiver,
and Logger32 can open two decode windows (one for each receiver).

Dual channel decode is quite common in the Windows world.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV


On 2/9/2017 6:30 PM, Bill Frantz wrote:

> Being able to easily run both main and sub in RTTY is why I still use
> cocoaModem on my Macintosh. (It suffered from serious incompatibility
> with a new version of the OS a few versions ago. I still have a
> backlevel machine with full functionality.)
>
> It has a dual RTTY mode with two decode windows, one for the main
> receiver and one for the sub, like using stereo headphones for CW of
> SSB. It is the only program I know of, for any platform, that does this.
>
> 73 Bill AE6JV
>
> On 2/9/17 at 10:48 AM, [hidden email] (Nr4c) wrote:
>
>> Wrong question. It's already there. The USB audio is stereo. The main
>> RX is on the left channel and the sub is on the right.
>> Question is what do you want to do with the sub RX audio?
>>
>> I.e., for RTTY you'd need to run a separate instance if MMTTY and set
>> input from RTTY channel.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Bill Frantz        |"Insofar as the propositions of mathematics refer to
> 408-356-8506       | reality, they are not certain; and insofar they are
> www.pwpconsult.com | certain, they do not refer to reality.” -- Einstein
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]