K3 Switched 12 Volts

Hank Garretson
For the last month or so, the switched 12VDC OUT phono jack on the back of
my K3 isn't switched. My P3 is plugged into this jack. As soon as I turn
the 12-volt power supply on, the P3 powers up even though the K3 is not on.
When I hit POWER on the K3 to power down the K3, the P3 stays on. To power
down the P3, I have to turn the 12-volt power supply off.

It used to work as advertized--switched. Ideas?

73,

Hank, W6SX

Re: K3 Switched 12 Volts

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

Based on the K3 schematics (page 5), I would check Q2 FDS6375.

On 2015-05-23 7:20 PM, Hank Garretson wrote:

> For the last month or so, the switched 12VDC OUT phono jack on the back of
> my K3 isn't switched. My P3 is plugged into this jack. As soon as I turn
> the 12-volt power supply on, the P3 powers up even though the K3 is not on.
> When I hit POWER on the K3 to power down the K3, the P3 stays on. To power
> down the P3, I have to turn the 12-volt power supply off.
>
> It used to work as advertized--switched. Ideas?
>
> 73,
>
> Hank, W6SX

Re: K3 Switched 12 Volts

K1GQ
On 2015-05-23, at 19:20, Hank Garretson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the last month or so, the switched 12VDC OUT phono jack on the back of my K3 isn't switched. My P3 is plugged into this jack. As soon as I turn the 12-volt power supply on, the P3 powers up even though the K3 is not on. When I hit POWER on the K3 to power down the K3, the P3 stays on. To power down the P3, I have to turn the 12-volt power supply off.
>
> It used to work as advertized--switched. Ideas?

Lower right corner of K3 RF Board schematic, Sht. 3 of 4.

J10 = 12V In, J11 = 12V Out.