K3: Will the Yaesu MD-100 microphone work with the K3?

K3: Will the Yaesu MD-100 microphone work with the K3?

K4GM-George
In anticipation of the arrival of my K3 this week I would like to know
whether the Yaesu MD100 will work with the K3.
K4GM- George

Re: K3: Will the Yaesu MD-100 microphone work with the K3?

Don Wilhelm-4
George,

The foster plug pinout is different.  You will have to re-wire the mic
plug to match the Elecraft pinout.
Elecraft mics work FB, and the non-amplified, non-electret microphones
from Kenwood will also work directly because the pimout does not use
either pins 5 or 6 of the mic plug.  For the same reason, Heil mics with
a Kenwood adapter also work directly.

Icom and Yaesu mics have an entirely different pinout and must be
modified to work with the K3.