K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

paul.bradbeer2
I've used my HD 280 pro headphones (normally used on my hi-fi !) with my
K3, and very much prefer it to my Heil headset. I'm thinking of splashing
out for the headset version (HMD 280 Pro)....but I have seen a number of
complaints about low audio output from the microphone.  Is anyone using
this headset with a K3?  Do they drive the mic input well enough?  I think
I read that the K3 mic input will deal with just about anything but the HMD
280 Pro is pretty pricey, so I want to do some research first!

73

Paul M0CVX

Re: K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

Edward F. Steinfeld
I use the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro with no problems with my K3. Mine does NOT
have the mic.  When I bought it I didn't see the model with a mic.

Ed, KB1ZJK

Edward F. Steinfeld, KB1ZJK
25 Arbor Glen Drive
Stow, MA 01775-1258
Home: (978)897-3127
Cell: (978)376-3146
mailto::[hidden email]
http://www.go-embedded.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Steinfeld

Re: K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

tnnyswy
Paul, take a look at the Yamaha 500 headphone plus mic.
This has been recently ( very recently ) discussed in great dept.
Take a look in the archives ( Yamaha 500 )

((((73)))) Milverton.

On 6/13/2013 10:46 AM, PAUL BRADBEER wrote:
> I think
> I read that the K3 mic input will deal with just about anything but the HMD
> 280 Pro is pretty pricey, so I want to do some research first!

I would be quite surprised if the mic wouldn't work well, BUT -- the
Yamaha CM500 works awfully well, sounds great on both TX and RX, is very
comfortable, and costs only about $45.  The Sennheiser is a pro product
for folks with a pro budget. )

Re: K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

Wolf E. Rose-2
good morning,

since quite a long time I'm using the 'beyerdynamic DT234 pro' with my K3. It sounds good RX and TX wise and is quite comfortable for my needs. They are not cheap, but less expensive then the Sennheiser brand ones.

I was following the Yamaha threads on this reflector for a long time, but didn't find a chance to buy one over here in Europe. I believe the Yamaha is sold as 'Koss SB40' in this part of the world. Some comparing between both brands made me believing that ... but I'm not sure about it. I bought one, used it but put it aside as my spare one.

Anyhow, I own both now but stick with the beyerdynamic. The ear cushions (kind of velvet like surface) are much more comfortable for me and my ears ;-) than the leatherette like ones of the Koss. But YMMV.

Am 13.06.2013 um 19:46:55 schrieb PAUL BRADBEER:

> I've used my HD 280 pro headphones (normally used on my hi-fi !) with my
> K3, and very much prefer it to my Heil headset. I'm thinking of splashing
> out for the headset version (HMD 280 Pro)....but I have seen a number of
> complaints about low audio output from the microphone.  Is anyone using
> this headset with a K3?  Do they drive the mic input well enough?  I think
> I read that the K3 mic input will deal with just about anything but the HMD
> 280 Pro is pretty pricey, so I want to do some research first!
>
> 73
>
> Paul M0CVX

My 2 EUROcents ... ;-)

73
Wolf * DK1IP

Re: K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

Josh Fiden
I haven't used the Koss SB40, but looking at pictures online they are
not identical to Yamaha CM100. The ear cushions and the microphone look
different.

73,
Josh W6XU

On 6/13/2013 10:31 PM, Wolf E. Rose wrote:

> good morning,
>
> since quite a long time I'm using the 'beyerdynamic DT234 pro' with my K3. It sounds good RX and TX wise and is quite comfortable for my needs. They are not cheap, but less expensive then the Sennheiser brand ones.
>
> I was following the Yamaha threads on this reflector for a long time, but didn't find a chance to buy one over here in Europe. I believe the Yamaha is sold as 'Koss SB40' in this part of the world. Some comparing between both brands made me believing that ... but I'm not sure about it. I bought one, used it but put it aside as my spare one.
>
> Anyhow, I own both now but stick with the beyerdynamic. The ear cushions (kind of velvet like surface) are much more comfortable for me and my ears ;-) than the leatherette like ones of the Koss. But YMMV.
>
> Am 13.06.2013 um 19:46:55 schrieb PAUL BRADBEER:
>
>> I've used my HD 280 pro headphones (normally used on my hi-fi !) with my
>> K3, and very much prefer it to my Heil headset. I'm thinking of splashing
>> out for the headset version (HMD 280 Pro)....but I have seen a number of
>> complaints about low audio output from the microphone.  Is anyone using
>> this headset with a K3?  Do they drive the mic input well enough?  I think
>> I read that the K3 mic input will deal with just about anything but the HMD
>> 280 Pro is pretty pricey, so I want to do some research first!
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Paul M0CVX
>
> My 2 EUROcents ... ;-)
>
> 73
> Wolf * DK1IP

Re: K3: anyone using Sennheiser HMD 280 Pro?

Tim Heasman
Hi All,
The Koss SB40 is fine with the K3 if you remove the nasty dynamic insert
and replace with an eletret insert.  This is an easy job for the K3 as
the bias components are already built in, and you only need two conductors.
73
Tim
gm4lmh