[K3] interaction between AGC settings and LIN OUT

[K3] interaction between AGC settings and LIN OUT

Pierfrancesco Caci

Hello,
I've been playing around with AGC SLP (following Don's webpage), and
noticed that on digimodes I now get harmonics. This should be an
artifact of the K3 overdriving the computer soundcard, right?
I've put a signal at 800 Hz (on the waterfall) and I can see the same
trace at 2400, fainter of course. This spurious signals fades if I raise AGC
SLP, or if I reduce LIN OUT. For SLP = 2 (instead of the default of 12),
I need to reduce LIN OUT to 4 (instead of the default of 10).
I'd like to hear what's your experience with these settings.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

Re: [K3] interaction between AGC settings and LIN OUT

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Administrator
Jack Smith shows that setting LIN OUT to 2 produces lower harmonics:
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/elecraft_k3_receive_audio.htm#Line_Output_Level

Leigh/WA5ZNU