[K3 powers off]

Mike Reublin NF4L
I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I wasn't doing any transmitting.

73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

k6dgw
Elecraft's new feature to reduce emissions from power plants when not
using the radio?

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
- www.cqp.org

On 12/21/2015 10:48 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
> I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with
> the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I
> turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I
> wasn't doing any transmitting.
>
> 73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

Mike Reublin NF4L
But....but....but I WAS using the radio. I'm gonna need a rebate for loss of use......

73, Mike NF4L

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Elecraft's new feature to reduce emissions from power plants when not using the radio?
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
> - www.cqp.org
>
> On 12/21/2015 10:48 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
>> I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with
>> the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I
>> turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I
>> wasn't doing any transmitting.
>>
>> 73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

Wes (N7WS)
No, you weren't "transmitting" and you have a *trans*ceiver.  If you are just
going to listen, you should use a three transistor, solar-powered receiver.

You've been warned that the biggest threat to this country is global
warm...sorry...climate change and you must do your part. So NSA and it's Chinese
partners saw that you were only listening and shut you down.

On 12/21/2015 1:29 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:

> But....but....but I WAS using the radio. I'm gonna need a rebate for loss of use......
>
> 73, Mike NF4L
>

>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Elecraft's new feature to reduce emissions from power plants when not using the radio?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Fred K6DGW
>> - Northern California Contest Club
>> - CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
>> - www.cqp.org
>>
>> On 12/21/2015 10:48 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
>>> I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with
>>> the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I
>>> turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I
>>> wasn't doing any transmitting.
>>>
>>> 73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

Mike Reublin NF4L
QRR ? Low power receive?

I thought Farmland Security handeled that.

73, Mike NF4L

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 5:16 PM, Wes (N7WS) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, you weren't "transmitting" and you have a *trans*ceiver.  If you are just going to listen, you should use a three transistor, solar-powered receiver.
>
> You've been warned that the biggest threat to this country is global warm...sorry...climate change and you must do your part. So NSA and it's Chinese partners saw that you were only listening and shut you down.
>

> On 12/21/2015 1:29 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
>> But....but....but I WAS using the radio. I'm gonna need a rebate for loss of use......
>>
>> 73, Mike NF4L
>>

>>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Elecraft's new feature to reduce emissions from power plants when not using the radio?
>>>
>>> 73,
>>>
>>> Fred K6DGW
>>> - Northern California Contest Club
>>> - CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
>>> - www.cqp.org

>>> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K3 powers off]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Guys - please keep any political comments off list, as these are outside of our
posting guidelines.

Regards,

Eric
/elecraft.com/

On 12/21/2015 2:16 PM, Wes (N7WS) wrote:

> No, you weren't "transmitting" and you have a *trans*ceiver.  If you are just
> going to listen, you should use a three transistor, solar-powered receiver.
>
> You've been warned that the biggest threat to this country is global
> warm...sorry...climate change and you must do your part. So NSA and it's
> Chinese partners saw that you were only listening and shut you down.
>

> On 12/21/2015 1:29 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
>> But....but....but I WAS using the radio. I'm gonna need a rebate for loss of
>> use......
>>
>> 73, Mike NF4L
>>

>>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Elecraft's new feature to reduce emissions from power plants when not using
>>> the radio?
>>>
>>> 73,
>>>
>>> Fred K6DGW
>>> - Northern California Contest Club
>>> - CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
>>> - www.cqp.org

>>> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K3 powers off]

What feature did you add to your K3 - look there.

On 12/21/2015 1:48 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
> I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I wasn't doing any transmitting.
>
> 73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

Elecraft mailing list
Did the power supply hiccup?

What feature did you add to your K3 - look there.

On 12/21/2015 1:48 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
> I got a new K3 feature for Christmas. Today just sitting here with the K3 on, I heard some relay chatter and the rig turned off. I turned it back on, and after about an hour, a repeat performance. I wasn't doing any transmitting.
>
> 73, Mike NF4L

Re: [K3 powers off]

Mike Reublin NF4L
Maybe.