K3

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

K3

Phil LaMarche-2
To all those who have helped...... The frequency counter says I'm
transmitting on the same frequency as received.  External watt meter shows
full power with almost zero SWR.  Antenna analyzer shows the antenna OK.
However no one hears me on any band except 75.  Modulation OK as monitored
on another receiver.  Everything should be OK, but isn't. Hopefully Elecraft
can help tomorrow.  Thanks to all.
 
Phil
 

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
 <http://www.instantgourmetspices.com/> www.instantgourmetspices.com

www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>  
800-395-7795 pin 02
727-944-3226
FAX 727-937-8834
NASFT 30210

K3  #1605

CCA  AC98  00827
W9DVM


 
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3

Steve Ellington
Phil
But while ago you said that your 75A3 couldn't hear your signal. Now I
assume it can. So what changed? And you say "Modulation OK"...Well unless
I'm missing something obvious, what could Elecraft do? Maybe you could have
that local ham listen for you on 20m?
Steve Ellington
[hidden email]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil LaMarche" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:43 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3


> To all those who have helped...... The frequency counter says I'm
> transmitting on the same frequency as received.  External watt meter shows
> full power with almost zero SWR.  Antenna analyzer shows the antenna OK.
> However no one hears me on any band except 75.  Modulation OK as monitored
> on another receiver.  Everything should be OK, but isn't. Hopefully
> Elecraft
> can help tomorrow.  Thanks to all.
>
> Phil
>
>
> Philip LaMarche
> LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
> <http://www.instantgourmetspices.com/> www.instantgourmetspices.com
>
> www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>
> 800-395-7795 pin 02
> 727-944-3226
> FAX 727-937-8834
> NASFT 30210
>
> K3  #1605
>
> CCA  AC98  00827
> W9DVM
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.23/2016 - Release Date: 03/21/09
17:58:00

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3

Dick Dievendorff
In reply to this post by Phil LaMarche-2
Are you transmitting on the correct sideband?



-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Phil LaMarche
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:44 AM
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: [Elecraft] K3

To all those who have helped...... The frequency counter says I'm
transmitting on the same frequency as received.  External watt meter shows
full power with almost zero SWR.  Antenna analyzer shows the antenna OK.
However no one hears me on any band except 75.  Modulation OK as monitored
on another receiver.  Everything should be OK, but isn't. Hopefully Elecraft
can help tomorrow.  Thanks to all.
 
Phil
 

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
 <http://www.instantgourmetspices.com/> www.instantgourmetspices.com

www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>  
800-395-7795 pin 02
727-944-3226
FAX 727-937-8834
NASFT 30210

K3  #1605

CCA  AC98  00827
W9DVM


 
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: K3

David Gilbert
In reply to this post by Phil LaMarche-2

How exactly did you determine that no one can hear you?  Because they
don't answer?

I'm also curious how you concluded that the fault lies with the K3.  If
I was getting full power out as determined by an external wattmeter, and
I could hear the modulation on a second receiver, the K3 would be last
on my list of suspects.

Dave   AB7E



Phil LaMarche wrote:

> To all those who have helped...... The frequency counter says I'm
> transmitting on the same frequency as received.  External watt meter shows
> full power with almost zero SWR.  Antenna analyzer shows the antenna OK.
> However no one hears me on any band except 75.  Modulation OK as monitored
> on another receiver.  Everything should be OK, but isn't. Hopefully Elecraft
> can help tomorrow.  Thanks to all.
>  
> Phil
>  
>
> Philip LaMarche
> LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
>  <http://www.instantgourmetspices.com/> www.instantgourmetspices.com
>
> www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>  
> 800-395-7795 pin 02
> 727-944-3226
> FAX 727-937-8834
> NASFT 30210
>
> K3  #1605
>
> CCA  AC98  00827
> W9DVM
>
>
>  
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html