Quantcast

K3 utility

Mike Reublin
I tried to load the new MCU beta, but the utility doesn't run. Error message is "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down".

Mac Version 1.12.9.22. It's never done that before. I downloaded another copy, no joy. Re-booted, same error.

73, Mike NF4L

Re: K3 utility

David Fleming-2
Hi Mike,

________________________________
I tried to load the new MCU beta, but the utility doesn't run. Error message is "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down".

Mac Version 1.12.9.22. It's never done that before. I downloaded another copy, no joy. Re-booted, same error.

73, Mike NF4L

Re: K3 utility

Mike Reublin
Thanks David.

On restarting the utility, an "initializing" dialog appears, followed by the license screen. There it just hangs. I had to do a "Force quit". An empty prefs file was created. I did that twice.

Mike

On Mar 25, 2013, at 6:47 PM, David Fleming <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Try deleting the preferences file and see if that solves the problem. Use Finder to navigate to the /User/your_user_name/Library/Preferences folder. The library folder is hidden on Lion and Mountain Lion, so you may have trouble finding it. A quick way to get there is to click the "Go to folder" menu option under the "Go" menu in Finder. Then type in "/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences". Once you get there, locate the file named "K3UtilPrefs" and rename it to something like "K3UtilPrefs_BAK". Or you can delete it. Then try running the K3 Utility again.
>>
>> David, W4SMT

Re: K3 utility

David Christ
In lion and mountain lion you can get to the library folder if while in finder you hold down the option/alt key while clicking on the GO menu item.  You will see the library folder listed.  Click on it and then click on the preferences folder icon within the library folder.

David K0LUM