KAT500 Power Plug

Dan Atchison
Can someone please send me the correct size/dimensions for the KAT500
power plug.  I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Dan -- N3ND

Re: KAT500 Power Plug

Don Wilhelm-4
Dan,

As with other Elecraft gear, the power plug is a 2.1mm coaxial jack.
A power cable is supplied with the KAT500.

On 1/19/2014 11:11 AM, Dan Atchison wrote:
> Can someone please send me the correct size/dimensions for the KAT500
> power plug.  I cannot find it anywhere.

Re: KAT500 Power Plug

Dan Atchison
Thanks, Don.  Several different coaxial plugs "fit" the jack, but wanted
to make sure my friend purchased the correct size.  Unless I am blind, I
could not find this kind of information in the manual. An oversight, I
guess.

73,
Dan

On 1/19/2014 11:19 AM, Don Wilhelm wrote:

> Dan,
>
> As with other Elecraft gear, the power plug is a 2.1mm coaxial jack.
> A power cable is supplied with the KAT500.

> On 1/19/2014 11:11 AM, Dan Atchison wrote:
>> Can someone please send me the correct size/dimensions for the KAT500
>> power plug.  I cannot find it anywhere.

Re: KAT500 Power Plug

Bruce Beford-2
Dan,
One place in the manual that the size of this plug/jack is mentioned is on
pages 3, 5, and 7 which give the description of the connections  to the
device. Referencing figure 1, item 2 is given as "Two wire power cable with
a female 2.1 mm coaxial connector (supplied)." This is the same 2.1mm
ID/5.5mm OD coaxial power connectors used on most Elecraft equipment.

73,
Bruce N1RX