KAT500 cable

Peter Quick
Below is a copy of e-mail that I received from Elecraft
today regarding cable for KAT500.

73 Peter VE3SO

Re: KAT500 cable

k5oai
Now how about a cable for the rest of us K3 users that don't have a KPA500 and just need a cable from the K3 to the KAT500?

Re: KAT500 cable

Gary Gregory
*Off the Elercaft order page:

**E850463* *Optional KAT500 to KPA500 Cable*

KAT500 to KPA500 cable. Provides band data to KAT500 for band change prior
to TX,, and feeds through KPAK3AUX cable data from the K3 to the KPA500.
Typically used in addition to the KPAK3AUX cable from the K3 to route band
data, keying and AUXBUS data through the KAT500 to the KPA500. (The KAT500
has AUX Cable IN and OUT connections.)

This is the same 15 pin cable as is contained in the KPAP3AUX cable set
(see above, under the KPA500). That set also includes a Y cable expansion
adapter and a TX line keying interrupt adapter for the K3 to KPA500 link.

Seems like a reasonable price or roll your own as they say....

:-)

 *24.95*
On 9 October 2012 20:58, k5oai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now how about a cable for the rest of us K3 users that don't have a KPA500
> and just need a cable from the K3 to the KAT500?

*Gary*
*Start the day off slow, then taper off.........*
K3 #679
KPA500FT #18
KAT500FT 007
P3 #1629

Re: KAT500 cable

Dick Dievendorff
We just put it onto the order page yesterday.

You're looking for the E850468 "Optional KAT500 to KPA500 Cable". It will
also work as a K3 to KAT500 cable.  It's like the KPAK3AUX  but doesn't
include the Y or Tx line keying adapter that are included in the KPAK3AUX
cable set.

http://www.elecraft.com/elecraft_prod_list.htm#kat500  You may need to
refresh your browser cache if you have a cached older copy of the Elecraft
order page.

73 de Dick, K6KR