KE7X KX3 book available

Cady, Fred
Greetings all. The KE7X KX3 book (The Elecraft KX3) is hot off the presses (or hot in the presses). It is now available from Lulu (www.lulu.com) or from KE7X (www.ke7x.com). This book follows the general approach taken by the KX3's big sibling's book for the K3. There are many schematics and diagrams for those who learn best by reading. Hands-on learners will enjoy working through exercises designed to illustrate the KX3's many features.

There are two versions of the book. A full-size, 8.5" x 11" version is coil bound just like the K3 book. For portable operations, a portable-size, 6" x 9" coil-bound version is available. It has exactly the same information as the full size book (even the font size is the same). It is just formatted into the smaller size, which fits nicely into one of Rose's KX3 cases. KE7X can do a special order for those who would like a 3-hole punched book.

This edition of The Elecraft KX3 has been published knowing that all features planned for the KX3 by Elecraft have not been implemented. We have attempted to cover those situations where features are known to be coming. As new information about new features becomes available, and as the inevitable errors are discovered, updates and corrections will be posted on the www.ke7x.com website. These will be freely available as pdf files on the website.

When the KXPA100 100-W amplifier, the KXAT100 100-W antenna tuner, and the KX3-2M two meter transverter become available, a companion book covering these products will be published.
Those ordering from Lulu may be able to use the discount code MAYBOOKS13 until the end of May for a 20% discount. Sorry, but I can't do that too.

Fred Cady
fcady at ieee dot org

Re: KE7X KX3 book available -- I have enough help, thank

Cady, Fred
Thanks to all who responded. I'll be in contact with a few of you.
73,
Fred

Fred Cady
fcady at ieee dot org

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

kk5na
I received Fred's KX3 book today from Lulu.

First impression:  EXCELLENT!!!

Joe KK5NA

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

Alan Watson
Received Fred's book, The Elecraft KX3, yesterday form Lulu.  Very nice.  My first impression, agree with KK5NA:  EXCELLENT!  Already cleared up a number of questions I had about data modes.

Alan AA5XQ

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

Phillip Lontz
I got my KX3 book from Fred yesterday... I learned something on every page! Outstanding work Fred. Thank you!
If you have a KX3... Buy this book! You will really like it!

Non judgement day is near

On May 25, 2013, at 7:36 PM, Alan Watson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Received Fred's book, The Elecraft KX3, yesterday form Lulu.  Very nice.  My first impression, agree with KK5NA:  EXCELLENT!  Already cleared up a number of questions I had about data modes.
>
> Alan AA5XQ

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

David Pratt
Does the book include the KX3 features yet to be implemented, including
ESSB, CW on SSB mode and synchronous AM reception ?

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, kk5na <[hidden email]> writes

--
  + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
  | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

N0AZZ
Yes I received my book yesterday also and the PDF version the day before. It
is all I was expecting after having his book on the K3. Both versions are
worth every penny and the PDF version is now installed on my 2 shack
desktops, 2 laptops and my iPad even thought about my Samsung Gs4 Smartphone
but didn't.

The iPad is what I take with me when I go portable for SOTA have "Pocket
SOTA" on it and phone and plus the program "SOTA Logger Lite" a free
program.

Fred's book worked in so well for this sort of thing that all I can say is
THANKS!!

73,
Fred/N0AZZ
K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

I received Fred's KX3 book today from Lulu.

First impression:  EXCELLENT!!!

Joe KK5NA

Hats order-able on website?

K9QJS
Have "Elecraft Hats" ever made it to the website for ordering by those of us who didn't attend Dayton?

Hoop K9QJS

Re: KE7X KX3 book available

Cady, Fred

Fred Cady
"The Elecraft K3: Design, Configuration and Operation Second Edition"
"The Elecraft KX3 - Going for the Summit"
www.ke7x.com
fcady at ieee dot org

Yes

, CW on SSB mode