KPA -- Dead on Assembly

Carl Jón Denbow
I finished putting together the KPA 500 kit this weekend.  Everything
seemed to go smoothly.  However, upon plugging it in to the mains it
will not turn on.  I've checked the safety switch mechanism on the top
and it does properly depress the switch.  I've also checked the switch
itself which is OK.  The switch on the back of the unit is also in the
"on" position.  But, pushing the "on button" on the front does
absolutely nothing.  Where should I look next to trouble shoot this problem?

Tnxs & 73,

Carl

==============================
Carl Jón Denbow, N8VZ

17 Coventry Lane
Athens, Ohio 45701-3718
EM89wh

http://www.n8vz.com

Re: KPA -- Dead on Assembly

Tim Hague
Carl, sounds obvious but did you check the fuse?

Best regards, Tim Hague
Skype m0afj.Tim
Sent on my iPad

On 1 Jul 2013, at 20:07, Carl Jón Denbow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I finished putting together the KPA 500 kit this weekend.  Everything seemed to go smoothly.  However, upon plugging it in to the mains it will not turn on.  I've checked the safety switch mechanism on the top and it does properly depress the switch.  I've also checked the switch itself which is OK.  The switch on the back of the unit is also in the "on" position.  But, pushing the "on button" on the front does absolutely nothing.  Where should I look next to trouble shoot this problem?
>
> Tnxs & 73,
>
> Carl
>
> ==============================
> Carl Jón Denbow, N8VZ
>
> 17 Coventry Lane
> Athens, Ohio 45701-3718
> EM89wh
>
> http://www.n8vz.com

Re: KPA -- Dead on Assembly

Carl Jón Denbow
Pure genius, Tim.  The instructions on the fuses are in the owners
manual and not the construction manual.  I thought construction ended
with the construction manual!!  Some how I thought the fuses at were
supplied were replacements.  I'm now in the process of installing the
correct 115 VAC fuses!  Please note that I opted to call you a genius
rather than labeling myself as an idiot! :-)

73,

Carl

> Tim Hague <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Monday, July 01, 2013 3:12 PM
> Carl, sounds obvious but did you check the fuse?
>
> Best regards, Tim Hague
> Skype m0afj.Tim
> Sent on my iPad
>

> Carl Jón Denbow <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Monday, July 01, 2013 3:07 PM
> I finished putting together the KPA 500 kit this weekend.  Everything
> seemed to go smoothly.  However, upon plugging it in to the mains it
> will not turn on.  I've checked the safety switch mechanism on the top
> and it does properly depress the switch.  I've also checked the switch
> itself which is OK.  The switch on the back of the unit is also in the
> "on" position.  But, pushing the "on button" on the front does
> absolutely nothing.  Where should I look next to trouble shoot this
> problem?
>
> Tnxs & 73,
>
> Carl
>
> ==============================