KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test

Catherine James
I am attempting the C1 adjustment to get correct SWR. Unfortunately, with a dummy load on the SO239 port and the power knob set to 5w, pressing TUNE just gives a beep followed by 0.1 1.0-1. Adjusting C1 has no effect at all. The receive audio does cut out while tune mode is on, then reappears when off.

I get the same behavior whether 8r is set to norm or hold.

I'm guessing there a break in the transmit RF path somewhere.  *sigh*

Cathy
N5WVR

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test

Catherine James
Wouldn't that (failure in coax confection to K2) prevent the receive from working? I have good reception, but no TX.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test

daleputnam
HI Cathy,  Let's slip back to basics for just a sec, can you get QRP levels from the K2 by itself? with the coax/dummy load connected to the back of the qrp K2? With the power connected to the qrp K2 also, does the qrp power appear as expected on the SO239 of the KPA100?One if these fail, that would provide a direction to look.Keep in touch.. these should be fun, not frustration..

Have a great day,
 
 
--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy
 
 


> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 13:57:01 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test
>
> Good point. I would think so.
>
>  
>
> 73, Ron AC7AC
>
>  
>
> From: Catherine James [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2016 11:19 AM
> To: Ron D'Eau Claire; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: RE: [Elecraft] KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune
> test
>
>  
>
>
> Wouldn't that (failure in coax confection to K2) prevent the receive from
> working? I have good reception, but no TX.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>
>
>
> From:"Ron D'Eau Claire" <[hidden email]>
> Date:Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 2:06 PM
> Subject:RE: [Elecraft] KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test
>
> Did you dislodge the connector on the coax between the KPA100 and the K2
> main board? If in place, is it oriented correctly? While keyed, it can be
> reversed by a clever person, Hi!
>
> You can see that connector by simply removing the K2 side panel. Usually
> take if off when replacing the KPA100 just so I can see the cables and
> connectors clearly. It's easier to plug the power and RF cables in AFTER
> putting the KPA100 on than trying to do it holding the KPA100 up enough to
> see in from the top.
>
> 73 Ron AC7AC
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Elecraft [mailto:[hidden email] <javascript:return>
> ] On Behalf Of
> Catherine James
> Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2016 10:41 AM
> To: [hidden email] <javascript:return> ; Don Wilhelm
> Subject: [Elecraft] KPA100 has 0.1 w indicated, SWR 1.0 during tune test
>
> I am attempting the C1 adjustment to get correct SWR. Unfortunately, with a
> dummy load on the SO239 port and the power knob set to 5w, pressing TUNE
> just gives a beep followed by 0.1 1.0-1. Adjusting C1 has no effect at all.
> The receive audio does cut out while tune mode is on, then reappears when
> off.
>
> I get the same behavior whether 8r is set to norm or hold.
>
> I'm guessing there a break in the transmit RF path somewhere.  *sigh*
>
> Cathy
> N5WVR
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email] <javascript:return>
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> <http://www.qsl.net/donate.html%20> Message
> delivered to [hidden email] <javascript:return>
>
>  
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Elecraft mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> Message delivered to [hidden email]
     
______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [hidden email]